axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Tuesday: Management Info. Systems Midterm

Tuesday: Power Paper due + Readings

Wednesday: Business Finance Midterm

Thursday: Operations Management Midterm

Thursday: Analysis Paper Due

Gee, can't they freakin' challenge me?!!
Haven't studied for any test because I've been working on the freakin' analysis paper all weekend. 3/4 done though.

Gotta force myself into the library, or I'm gonna surf the net in my dorm room.

Rant over

laters

One more nail in the coffin:

Wednesday: Guitar, Recite one song.

I suck at guitar, so its gonna be hard on me, on top of everything else.

We wouldn't even be having this midterm if one of the freakin' girls in our class hadn't said: "What a about the midterm?"
And then the teacher goes: "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

Don't you despise people who make it hard for everybody else?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I'm probably just digging myself a hole reading and responding this thread. Oh well!

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
The problem with my university (and maybe with yours too) is I go completely unchallenged for 4 weeks, and then suddenly EVERYTHING in EVERY class just gets unloaded into one week.

Oh well..

Doodoo

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2000
Yah...same thing here...damn addictive internet doesn't help much either....

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Heh. I heard a prof at orientation a few years ago say, "We know you have other classes and your workload will be high, we just don't care."

This was shortly after, "Look to your left, look to your right. Two out of the three of you won't be here in 3 years."

Comforting.

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
take that schedule and change the class names a tad and you've got my workload ;)

wait a minute, i've got a quiz tommorrow too

DOH !

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
My schedule for this week is not as bad but its not done yet.

Monday - Reading (read 190 pages in 3 hours), P. Chem hmk set due

Tuesday - Review and teach 7 wonders class to a few friend of mine

Wednesday - 7 Wonders Test

Thursday - 20 problems due for inorganic compounds w/ research lab and get PS2

Friday - good off and play ps2.

wish ya luck with the week.

Gatsby

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I have a quiz and a test on friday, other than that all done with midterms :)
Now I can go back wasting all of my time on the internet instead of just most of it :p

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm completely behind on the reading for all my classes. I have at least 10 chapters in two different books to read soon.

I just spent the last five hours working on programs for my Visual Basic class because I had to teach myself how to do the stuff before I did the assignment because the teacher thought, "It will be good for you guys to do problems before I teach them to you." Um, OK, kinda thought that's what he got paid for. He assigns four programs from Chapter 12, tells us to skip reading chapter 11 because we don't need it. I start on the chapter 12 problems and realize that you have to read chapter 11 to be able to do most of the chapter 12 problems. Doh!! So much for the teacher knowing what he's talking about. :|

Then I have an project due on Wednesday in my Operations Management class which is going to be a major pain in the ass.

atomicbomberman

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
I have a freakin essay due tomorrow in my english class and I STILL donno what the topic is!

AUGH!

Oh well, just the rough draft is due.

And WTF? Why is it that in college you start reading some really really stupid stuff in english. In high school I had to read like Catch-22 and other litiary giant, but once I'm in college you start to read these books you've never heard of or never want to hear of it, totally random $hit that arn't even good reading!

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Just spent the last 12 hours more or less grinding out the hw problems for a EE class. And I'm only 2/3rds done. 3 midterms in the next two days. Finished some writing test on saturday.

Times like these make me want to just drop out of school. I can't really imagine the outcome worth being this overworked.

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
if it doesn't seem to be justified by the next weekend party, there's always the knowledge that EE degree will earn you quite a few figures within the coming years. i'd rather be overworked now in school then overworked later in a construction yard under the 102 F sun. :p

no matter how bad you think you've got it, just gotta remember there's somebody out there that's got it worse :)

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
yea, perry, i feel that pain, my bio orientation prof said the same look left, look right, etc thing and then says welcome to fsu, the number one party school in the us. now forget that ranking because you are never going to experience it. what a great way to be welcomed:)

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Wow, another Seminole!

I'm glad that I'm taking the biology for Non-Majors. It's pretty damn easy as long I go to class every day.

The fact that there are about 1500 students in that class probably means they have to make it easy just so that everyone at least has a small chance of passing. ;)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Balt, naaa.. it means that they have the opportunity to screw 150 students over at one time. More efficient that way.

/me is a yellow jacket and despises the both of ya ;)

HigherGround

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2000
damn this thread brings back memories ...

... i guess my toughest week was a second week of october during my senior year (1998). That week i had 3 midterms (including the dreaded fields and waves II exam) (obviously i hadn't studied for either of them) and a miderm project for my art class ( 1/4 done at that point) . On top of that, on Monday while in the shower, i realized that i might have a huge paper due this week...i ran half naked to my room and sure enough - 18 page behoma was due that Thursday. I was ready to cry ... needless to say that weak was a nightmare, but somehow I got through it :)

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
You want a schedule....here's a schedule...

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday -
Work at lawfirm from 9am-5pm
Attend class at HPU from 6-9:15
get home take care of my poodle/Psycho takes care of our Lab/German Shepard, do homework, housework, etc.

Wednesday -
get home take care of my poodle/Psycho takes care of our Lab/German Shepard, do homework, housework, etc.

Friday -
Work at Belk from 6pm till 930pm

Saturday -
Work at Belk from 940am-6pm or from 1-930pm

Sunday -
Work at Belk from 12:15pm-630pm

Keep in mind that I attend HPU as a fulltime student, so I have homework to complete on Wednesday, which is my only day when I don't have to attend HPU or work at Belk. I also cram homework in on other days when I can.

Other things I'm doing:
*Planning a wedding (no consultant or advisor)
*Help take care of my stepson when he is at our home
*House things: wash clothes, clean up, etc. (Yes, Psycho helps and does way more than his share)
*Fundraising committee for Pack 942 (Cub Scouts)
*Study for LSAT

I'm Busy However, it will all be worth it in 3 years when I start law school. ;)

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
there's gonna be a few more updates before the week is out i'm sure ;)

this crap just keeps piling on

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Thanks Red. I'm amazed that I have a 3.85. Gotta keep it high, my eyes are set on Wake Forest!

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Yeah college can be suck. I spend too much time here and gaming when I should be doing homeowork. Its a wonder I'm still in college ;)

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Going to college is better than going to work. At least college has women ... working in the computer industry weeded out the ones worth looking at and granted entrance to the ones sore for the eyes. Not all of them are like that but most of them are :) Good thing I'm still in college.