AH! my xbox wont read discs anymore!

Jul 12, 2001
this sux...it hasnt been used for a while...at first it would lock up and say something was wrong with the disc in the middle of a game...but now it wont even recognize any disc (xbox, music, dvd) when i put it in...AAHHH so frustrated

tried a DVD cleaner and compressed air, but hasnt helped

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Mr. baseball bat will never fix the problem, but he's sure to make you feel a whole lot better.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
You can replace it now, with the right computer dvd-rom.. Check xbox-scene.com for more details..

More than likely you have one of the thompson dvd roms, they are all starting to go out.. :(

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah I had this same problem... I never used my xbox and I went to use it after like three months of non use and it wouldn't recognize discs. Needless to say I was quite upset... a month after the warranty expires the damn thing breaks. Essentially you are SOL. You can either replace the DVD drive (I don't know what with though), buy a brand new xbox, send it in to get repared (cost 100 bucks, might as well buy a new one), or go the unethical routes through shady return policies (most people will disagree with this one, but hell I dont' know your morals).