AGP Card upgrade question

Sonokamome

Nov 28, 2006
Hello. I have this HP Pavilion 734n Desktop (2.0-GHz Athlon XP 2400+, 2GB RAM, 80 GB and 400 GB drives).

I have been slow in upgrading this thing since the most I use it is just for your basic bread and butter uses (word processing, spreadsheet, etc).

I would like to know what new Nvidia AGP cards I could find in Newegg that could work on this particular machine because I'm not too good with determining what is a good card and what is not and am open to suggestions

Thank you all in advance for the help.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I don't think these cards are much bigger then a mx 420 which these systems came with. It should be fine. Good luck

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Ok, why exactly do you need a different video card? If you're just using for surfing, word processing, etc, you won't see any advantage from a video card. The system you have (2GB ram specifically) should be plenty fast for those kind of applications. If it isn't, you may have spyware or something slowing you down, check for that before looking into new hardware.

Now if you want to get into gaming or something, yes, a new video card would help. But otherwise just save your pennies.