Age Of Conan: pushed back to march 2008

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-b..._index.php?story=15060
"
Representatives from Norwegian-headquartered publisher and developer Funcom have announced that the release date for massively multiplayer online game (MMO) Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has been put back to the March 25th, 2008 following feedback from beta testing of the title.
"

Lots of games lately are getting pushed back

Wheelock

May 3, 2007
Popular games often are:
Diablo 2
Half-Life
Starcraft
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Half-Life 2
World of Warcraft

All of these were delayed. Just a few off the top of my head.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Yeah, I'm not surprised it was delayed. Its pretty ambitious in its own way. Better to delay it and get it right than send it out unfinished or buggy as hell. Whats interesting about the new March date is that EA Mythic's WAR MMO supposedly launches March 2008 as well. Will the two go head to head and which will be the better game? It should prove interesting. Something to look forward to in early Spring 2008. ;)

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
They probably looked at Vanguard and saw that the player base is unforgiving when you release a title before it's ready. It shows that Funcom is serious and wants this to be an A-title once it's released and not just a paying beta test.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
It's more like Funcom learned its lesson with how hard Anarchy Online flopped when it came out.

I have beta tested almost every MMORPG in the last 3-4 years, and Anarchy Online was the buggiest of them all on initial release. It was nearly unplayable.

After lots of hard work and lots of marketing, and Anarchy Online became reasonably successful. However, no one will ever know how much more successful it'd have been if it was released properly.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Scouzer
However, no one will ever know how much more successful it'd have been if it was released properly.

That can be said for alot of games MMO as well as stand alone titles. Too often corporate suits step in and demand a release before a game is ready just so they can recoup some of the company's money. Get it out now and fix it later is a common thing these days. :frown:

Heinrich

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2001
That's fine for me...the delay...too much coming out already with Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, and I just got IL2 Sturmvick up and running, and finally got a Walfart to take back my PS3 Spiderman for Age of Empires 3, and I really like passing the time with FSX too!