Again we are told that we are racists if we don't support Obama

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland
Originally posted by: andy04
Originally posted by: Robor
Wow, some people sure are sensitive. Maybe there's something there?

Edit: I personally know people who are voting McCain because of Obama's race.

I personally know several ppl at my work who had no doubt who they were voting for from day one just beacuse of similar skin color.

Edit: More than 90% Blacks votes for BHO, so which community is more racist?

Shhhh... damn those pesky facts.

Moron. 90% of blacks vote democrat, who happened to have been a white guy the past, oh, 200 years.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Gand1
Originally posted by: Butterbean
For a guy who is an Alinsky/Marxist hack with many loopy radical associates (and with endorsements from Hamas, Farrakhan etc) and who wants to teach 5 yr old to masterbate, raise taxes, de-ball the military, protect cross-dressing at work, leave babies to die if they survive abortions, sees Iran as a small non threatening country etc. - hes doing better than he should be, No doubt his being bi-racial has brought BO special protection from the media etc. Good people can't vote for Obama if they are vaguely aware of what he is (I cut people under 25 some slack because it takes a bit to undue the brainwashing at school/uni). We just dont have as many good people as we used to. A guy like Obama could only rise in a nation were the quality of its people has sunk.

OMFG!!! David Koresh has been reincarnated!!!

I can say I haven't laughed that hard in a while...

Protect cross-dressing at work LOLOLOL who gives a fuck!

i give a fuck. i don't want to work next to cross-dresser i'm intolerant like that

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: Fern
-snip-

You did not contradict what he said or what LBJ said, Bullet Bodycheck.

I did mean 40 years ago, not 50, but still.

After Johnson won in '64, the Dems lost the south as a block in every presidential election like clockwork, except for Carter in 76, and Clinton picked up only one southern state each time he ran.

Stoneburner - good memory :beer:

jonks, I seem to post this (Dems in South switched party affiliation during Reagan years) rather frequently.

My problem is with all those who claim it was during the civil rights time back in the 60's, that's simply not true. Until Reagan came along much later, the Dem party had a sizeable conservative base to it. Of course they often voted for Repub prez candidates. They'd vote in a conservative Dem Congressperson or Senator, but generally vote for the (more conservative) Repub Prez cadidate.

This is how/why we've ended up with Dems often controlling the legislative branch and Repubs often controlling the Exec branch.

Reagan changed a lot of this IMO. GWB has managed to reverse that a bit with more Blue Dog Dems popping up (as in my current Confgressional District - Shuler won).

Fern

andy04

Dec 14, 2006

I personally know several ppl at my work who had no doubt who they were voting for from day one just beacuse of similar skin color.

Moron. 90% of blacks vote democrat, who happened to have been a white guy the past, oh, 200 years.

i was talking about the election for Dem Prez candidate, bitch head

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Two more examples of left wingers telling us that the only reason Obama isn't winning is because of his race.

Maybe it has to do with his positions?? Nah couldn't be.
His total lack of experience? Nope.

example 1
Race is arguably the biggest issue in this election, and it's one that nobody's talking about.

The differences between Barack Obama and John McCain couldn't be more well-defined. Obama wants to change Washington. McCain is a part of Washington and a part of the Bush legacy. Yet the polls remain close. Doesn't make sense?unless it's race.

Time magazine's Michael Grunwald says race is the elephant in the room. He says Barack Obama needs to tread lightly as he fights back against the McCain-Palin campaign attacks.
example 2
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius publicly considered the possibility that Sen. Barack Obama?s race might be a factor in this year?s presidential election during an appearance here Tuesday.

?Have any of you noticed that Barack Obama is part African-American?? Sebelius asked in response to a question about why the election is so close. ?That may be a factor. All the code language, all that doesn?t show up in the polls. And that may be a factor for some people.?

You are such a whiney right wing tool. Give up already. The polls are about 50/50 because the country is split about 50/50. If anything being black hurts him a very small amount.

Any bigot that would not vote for him because he was black votes republican already, regardless of who the dem candidate is.

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Originally posted by: retrospooty
-snip-

You are such a whiney right wing tool. Give up already. The polls are about 50/50 because the country is split about 50/50. If anything being black hurts him a very small amount.

Any bigot that would not vote for him because he was black votes republican already, regardless of who the dem candidate is.

...and helps him a HUUUUUGE amount :laugh:

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

Which proves you're even more ignorant than we thought (if that's possible) since every poll had Clinton pulverizing Obama "since day one" in head to head matchups until Iowa.

Originally posted by: JS80
i'm intolerant like that

ah, sweet truth.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I had hoped Obama would win before because of his politics. Now, I hope he will win so he can piss off all the bigots in this country enough for them all to move to Alaska and succeed along with Sarah Palin.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Gand1
Originally posted by: Butterbean
For a guy who is an Alinsky/Marxist hack with many loopy radical associates (and with endorsements from Hamas, Farrakhan etc) and who wants to teach 5 yr old to masterbate, raise taxes, de-ball the military, protect cross-dressing at work, leave babies to die if they survive abortions, sees Iran as a small non threatening country etc. - hes doing better than he should be, No doubt his being bi-racial has brought BO special protection from the media etc. Good people can't vote for Obama if they are vaguely aware of what he is (I cut people under 25 some slack because it takes a bit to undue the brainwashing at school/uni). We just dont have as many good people as we used to. A guy like Obama could only rise in a nation were the quality of its people has sunk.

OMFG!!! David Koresh has been reincarnated!!!

I can say I haven't laughed that hard in a while...

Protect cross-dressing at work LOLOLOL who gives a fuck!

i give a fuck. i don't want to work next to cross-dresser i'm intolerant like that
Still afraid you might catch the gay?

andy04

Dec 14, 2006

Which proves you're even more ignorant than we thought (if that's possible) since every poll had Clinton pulverizing Obama "since day one" in head to head matchups until Iowa.

i'm intolerant like that

ah, sweet truth.

OK maybe this will get through ur thick skull - WHEN THE POLL RESULTS FOR THE DEM PREZ CANDIDATE CAME OUT, IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS OR SO - MORE THAT 90% of BLACKS HAD VOTED FOR BHO.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
OK maybe this will get through ur thick skull - WHEN THE POLL RESULTS FOR THE DEM PREZ CANDIDATE CAME OUT, IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS OR SO - MORE THAT 90% of BLACKS HAD VOTED FOR BHO.

Idiot.

if you're talking about the HRC vs. BHO showdown for the primary, a lot of that had to do with Ex-prez Clinton making verbal gaffes in NC.

Blacks overwhelmingly vote (D). I guarantee you that if the Republicans were running Colin Powell, for example, against Hillary Clinton, probably 90% would vote for Hillary, which totally invalidates the race issue.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Blacks voted for Kerry, Gore, and Bill Clinton in similar numbers that they vote for Obama. Cries of racism there are completely unfounded.

And sorry, but I gotta accuse PJ of trolling lies here. Thread title and OP do not match.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You're being told you're a racist by a blog and someone who's twice quoted as saying it may be a factor? The lady doth protest too much.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: retrospooty
-snip-

You are such a whiney right wing tool. Give up already. The polls are about 50/50 because the country is split about 50/50. <If anything being black hurts him a very small amount.

...and helps him a HUUUUUGE amount :laugh:

You are a dufus if you think that being black is going to help him win this election... Then again, seeing your other ignorant whiney right wing partisaned douchbag posts on this forum we are alreadyaware of your dufusity =)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ScottyB
I had hoped Obama would win before because of his politics. Now, I hope he will win so he can piss off all the bigots in this country enough for them all to move to Alaska and succeed along with Sarah Palin.

That's hilarious. And not a bad idea. ;)

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

Hold on for a second, I have to lobotomize myself so I can get down to your level.

ouch. That induced a fair amount of pain. It seriously hurt. Wait, the pain is goin away. Startin 2 feel better...yeah, dere we go....aight. check it.

okey, know we can tawk. Of COURSE da blaks r gun vot 4 the blak d00d, rite! yo, fo shorre had nuthing 2 du w/da clintons sayin shit about my man jessie jackson (peace bro!) n stuff. fo realz yo. no diggity.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

Hold on for a second, I have to lobotomize myself so I can get down to your level.

ouch. That induced a fair amount of pain. It seriously hurt. Wait, the pain is goin away. Startin 2 feel better...yeah, dere we go....aight. check it.

okey, know we can tawk. Of COURSE da blaks r gun vot 4 the blak d00d, rite! yo, fo shorre had nuthing 2 du w/da clintons sayin shit about my man jessie jackson (peace bro!) n stuff. fo realz yo. no diggity.

LOL, it kind of makes me think we should have just let Andy's half of the country succeed from the union back in 1862 =)

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cultgag

Racist favoritism exists for both parties.

But right now, only one party is pimping racisim to exploit it for all they can get out of it. Pirates spell it with a letter that sounds like, Arrrrr-r-r-r-r. :frown:

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Harvey

But right now, only one party is pimping racisim to exploit it for all they can get out of it. Pirates spell it with a letter that sounds like, Arrrrr-r-r-r-r. :frown:

Just remember that we are voting for the candidate and not the media or the sheep that follow him/her. That goes for all candidates, but when it comes to Obama in particular there is nothing he can do to stop this from happening. He is part black and he cannot change that, but only by changing that could he ever even remotely hope to stop this kind of thing and truly be treated equally whether that means being treated better or worse.

It is quite sad actually regardless of who or what you support.

Jun 26, 2007

I really don't think so, nor do i believe that misogynists voted for Obama rather than Clinton.

I think it has more to do with what you identify with and while that sometimes can be construed as racism, more often than not, it isn't.

Unfortunatly these elections comes down to who you like the most rather than whos policies you like the most.

And that, my friend, is a damn shame.

cultgag

Aug 27, 2007

You have a valid point there. And to those who keep saying majority of blacks vote for democrats, then what about when it was Clinton vs. Obama? I remember majority of blacks supported Obama.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: Fern
No, I lived in North Florida (an example of the South you mention) for many years.

Until Reagan came along, the only real party was the Dem party. Whoever won the Dem primary won the race; the Repub party was irrelevent.

They switched over to Repub during Reagan, not 50 years ago.

You did not contradict what he said or what LBJ said, Bullet Bodycheck.

I did mean 40 years ago, not 50, but still.

After Johnson won in '64, the Dems lost the south as a block in every presidential election like clockwork, except for Carter in 76, and Clinton picked up only one southern state each time he ran.

Err, Clinton won Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee twice. He won Florida in 1996 and Georgia in 1992.

Race might be a factor. The fact that Obama marches in lockstep with the Kerry/Dukakis/Pelosi crowd rather than Clinton style moderation is another.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
I really don't think so, nor do i believe that misogynists voted for Obama rather than Clinton.

I think it has more to do with what you identify with and while that sometimes can be construed as racism, more often than not, it isn't.

Unfortunatly these elections comes down to who you like the most rather than whos policies you like the most.

And that, my friend, is a damn shame.

Heh, I think it's more like who you dislike the least! :p

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

You have a valid point there. And to those who keep saying majority of blacks vote for democrats, then what about when it was Clinton vs. Obama? I remember majority of blacks supported Obama.

Sorry but that doesn't hold water. For blacks to be racist in voting for Obama they'd have to be voting against McCain because they don't like white race. I'm sure there are some that may feel that way but IMO the vast majority are voting FOR OBAMA because they identify with him and his policies. If you want to say 90% of blacks are racist then I'll ask you to prove it.