Again we are told that we are racists if we don't support Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Butterbean
For a guy who is an Alinsky/Marxist hack with many loopy radical associates (and with endorsements from Hamas, Farrakhan etc) and who wants to teach 5 yr old to masterbate, raise taxes, de-ball the military, protect cross-dressing at work, leave babies to die if they survive abortions, sees Iran as a small non threatening country etc. - hes doing better than he should be, No doubt his being bi-racial has brought BO special protection from the media etc. Good people can't vote for Obama if they are vaguely aware of what he is (I cut people under 25 some slack because it takes a bit to undue the brainwashing at school/uni). We just dont have as many good people as we used to. A guy like Obama could only rise in a nation were the quality of its people has sunk.

Holy Carp I think we need to check Obama to see if he has '666' tattooed on his body, and if he has cloven hoofs. Not only is he bi-racial, he is the reigning evil master of Hell INCARNATE!!!! grab the holy water stat!!!

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: OrByte
For a guy who is an Alinsky/Marxist hack with many loopy radical associates (and with endorsements from Hamas, Farrakhan etc) and who wants to teach 5 yr old to masterbate, raise taxes, de-ball the military, protect cross-dressing at work, leave babies to die if they survive abortions, sees Iran as a small non threatening country etc. - hes doing better than he should be, No doubt his being bi-racial has brought BO special protection from the media etc. Good people can't vote for Obama if they are vaguely aware of what he is (I cut people under 25 some slack because it takes a bit to undue the brainwashing at school/uni). We just dont have as many good people as we used to. A guy like Obama could only rise in a nation were the quality of its people has sunk.

Holy Carp I think we need to check Obama to see if he has '666' tattooed on his body, and if he has cloven hoofs. Not only is he bi-racial, he is the reigning evil master of Hell INCARNATE!!!! grab the holy water stat!!!

Doom 4?

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
If it weren't for Republicans the Civil Rights Bill of the 60's would have never been passed by the Racist Southern Democrats, Lyndon Johnson had to go to the Republicans to get the bill passed........................I never vote color I vote who I think will do the best job for the country.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Two more examples of left wingers telling us that the only reason Obama isn't winning is because of his race.

Maybe it has to do with his positions?? Nah couldn't be.
His total lack of experience? Nope.

example 1
Race is arguably the biggest issue in this election, and it's one that nobody's talking about.

The differences between Barack Obama and John McCain couldn't be more well-defined. Obama wants to change Washington. McCain is a part of Washington and a part of the Bush legacy. Yet the polls remain close. Doesn't make sense?unless it's race.

Time magazine's Michael Grunwald says race is the elephant in the room. He says Barack Obama needs to tread lightly as he fights back against the McCain-Palin campaign attacks.
example 2
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius publicly considered the possibility that Sen. Barack Obama?s race might be a factor in this year?s presidential election during an appearance here Tuesday.

?Have any of you noticed that Barack Obama is part African-American?? Sebelius asked in response to a question about why the election is so close. ?That may be a factor. All the code language, all that doesn?t show up in the polls. And that may be a factor for some people.?
He's not talking about Republicans like you and Bush loving wingnits, he's talking about Democrats who dislike Bush and McCain but would rather vote for McCain than have a black as President. I don't think you are a racist for voting for MCcain, I just think you are wrong.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
http://dyn.politico.com/prints...-70B2-A836424C6BFDD9AD
September 17, 2008
Donna Brazile:

?People still have lingering doubts about Obama as to whether he can be trusted as commander in chief,? Brazile said. ?I thought his campaign would have more meat on the bones by now. They did great job at the convention, but it was short-lived.?

She said that at times ?Obama?s voice is strong and articulate, but people don?t feel attached to him, and they have got to feel attached to him. That would answer some racial aspects that simmer below the radar and sometimes percolate over the top.?

?He has had some moments where he seems unsure of his own voice,? Brazile said, ?but I still think he can pull this off.?

And if he doesn?t?

?If he doesn?t, then Obama didn?t lose,? she said. ?The country just wasn?t ready.?

Here's another Dem palying the race card today.

What she's really saying:

The "racial aspects are simmering below the surface" when Obama ia ahead but they "percolate over the top" when he's behind.

If he doesn't win, then Obama didn't lose, the country was just too racist.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: RY62
http://dyn.politico.com/prints...-70B2-A836424C6BFDD9AD
September 17, 2008
Donna Brazile:

?People still have lingering doubts about Obama as to whether he can be trusted as commander in chief,? Brazile said. ?I thought his campaign would have more meat on the bones by now. They did great job at the convention, but it was short-lived.?

She said that at times ?Obama?s voice is strong and articulate, but people don?t feel attached to him, and they have got to feel attached to him. That would answer some racial aspects that simmer below the radar and sometimes percolate over the top.?

?He has had some moments where he seems unsure of his own voice,? Brazile said, ?but I still think he can pull this off.?

And if he doesn?t?

?If he doesn?t, then Obama didn?t lose,? she said. ?The country just wasn?t ready.?

Here's another Dem palying the race card today.

What she's really saying:

The "racial aspects are simmering below the surface" when Obama ia ahead but they "percolate over the top" when he's behind.

If he doesn't win, then Obama didn't lose, the country was just too racist.
But she isn't calling you the racist, she's labeling some of those in the Democratic Party as racists. You guys should love that after all these years being labled the party of racism, now it's some of the Dems who are racists where as you guys wouldn't vote for Obama if he was fat, pink and from Texas.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Topic Title: Again we are told that we are racists if we don't support Obama
Topic Summary: CNN's Jack Cafferty: "Yet the polls remain close. Doesn't make sense?unless it's race."

Two more examples of left wingers telling us that the only reason Obama isn't winning is because of his race.

Clue, in case you hadn't noticed... Barack Obama is of mixed race, and he has a lot of African American features. Unless you want to argue that the nation has no history of bigotry against African Americans, there's no way to avoid the issue.

DISCUSSING the issue is NOT the same as promoting such bigotry. I would hope such open discussions could actually help overcome some of it among those with intellectual ability greater than a rock.

Of course, that excludes bigoted morons like the butt heads in jpeyton's link, and it won't stop Republican pimps from continuing to spread their own racist bullshit to troll the idiot block for more votes.

Indirect, low level bigotry is nothing new for McCain's campaign strategist, Karl Rove.

After all, when McCain ran for President against your Traitor In Chief in 2000, Rove's pimped the lie that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black daughter when, in fact, he and his wife had adopted a Bangladeshi orphan girl.

Of course, that raises major questions about McCain's own integrity.
  • Why did he support Bush for President when the man had just smeared him with such vile lies?

He didn't have to screw his own party by publicly denouncing Bush. He could have shown at least a hint of integrity by simply standing silent for the rest of the campaign. :roll:
  • Why would he have Karl Rove, the man who ran the smear campaign against himself and others with such vile lies, then, running his own campaign, now? :shocked:

Who keeps spreading the lie that Obama's a "closet Muslim," or that he has secret ties to terrorists, or that he's not an American citizen?

Obama's race is a fact. Who continues to try to make it more of an issue than it would otherwise by continually stirring the pot with meaningless garbage posts like yours?

Your title is a LIE, and your post is more of the same twisted bullshit. But what's new? You always lie. :thumbsdown:

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
When 30% of Hillary's supporters said race matters, and many of them switched to McCain who is the opposite of Hillary on almost every issue, how the hell is that not racism?

So what if it is? Should I shed some tears?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is amazing that people consider Obama too corrupt for Democrats! Just remember he is from Chicago, and had to have a member of the Chicago Mob to help him buy his house. He is corrupt from one end to another.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Rustler
If it weren't for Republicans the Civil Rights Bill of the 60's would have never been passed by the Racist Southern Democrats, Lyndon Johnson had to go to the Republicans to get the bill passed

Correct, if incomplete. Johnson surmised he'd lose the south for the dems if he pressed the civil rights issue, and he did. So all those racist southern democrats switched to the republican party, and there they sit to this very day, 50 years later.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: winnar111
When 30% of Hillary's supporters said race matters, and many of them switched to McCain who is the opposite of Hillary on almost every issue, how the hell is that not racism?

You should at least be upset that this many Americans still make such incredibly important decisions based on race.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I'm not that big of a fan of Obama but I have said and will continue to say that if he loses this is about race. Now that Palin's involved there's more of a religious element but I think the Dems would be coasting now if they had selected a southern white guy with an accent (sans Edwards-style fiasco).

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Only if you're not a racist prick.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Infohawk
I'm not that big of a fan of Obama but I have said and will continue to say that if he loses this is about race. Now that Palin's involved there's more of a religious element but I think the Dems would be coasting now if they had selected a southern white guy with an accent (sans Edwards-style fiasco).
Well it's the Dems themselves who'll be at fault as no Republican or Conservative would vote for Obama no matter what color he is.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird
It is amazing that people consider Obama too corrupt for Democrats! Just remember he is from Chicago, and had to have a member of the Chicago Mob to help him buy his house. He is corrupt from one end to another.

At least he knows how many houses he owns, unlike Mr. McCain. :p

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Wow, it's getting ugly in here...

Indeed is has, because one troll who can't make it through a single post without flinging poop out of his ass.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jonks
If it weren't for Republicans the Civil Rights Bill of the 60's would have never been passed by the Racist Southern Democrats, Lyndon Johnson had to go to the Republicans to get the bill passed

Correct, if incomplete. Johnson surmised he'd lose the south for the dems if he pressed the civil rights issue, and he did. So all those racist southern democrats switched to the republican party, and there they sit to this very day, 50 years later.

No, I lived in North Florida (an example of the South you mention) for many years.

Until Reagan came along, the only real party was the Dem party. Whoever won the Dem primary won the race; the Repub party was irrelevent.

They switched over to Repub during Reagan, not 50 years ago.

Fern

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Xavier434

You should at least be upset that this many Americans still make such incredibly important decisions based on race.

Maybe, but its not like anyone should be surprised. The Democrats and Obama knew this was and is a possibility.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern

No, I lived in North Florida (an example of the South you mention) for many years.

Until Reagan came along, the only real party was the Dem party. Whoever won the Dem primary won the race; the Repub party was irrelevent.

Fern

You did not contradict what he said or what LBJ said, Bullet Bodycheck.

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999

OMFG!!! David Koresh has been reincarnated!!!

I can say I haven't laughed that hard in a while...

Protect cross-dressing at work LOLOLOL who gives a fuck!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Maybe, but its not like anyone should be surprised. The Democrats and Obama knew this was and is a possibility.

True, and you invalidate PJs contention and rightly so. There are people polled who will not admit that they won't vote for a candidate who is black. How many? Who knows?

"Are you against blacks being President" isn't going to get a positive answer even if true in most cases.

Still, it would be a sad day if any party decided not to support a candidate because he might scare away racists.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
If it weren't for Republicans the Civil Rights Bill of the 60's would have never been passed by the Racist Southern Democrats, Lyndon Johnson had to go to the Republicans to get the bill passed........................I never vote color I vote who I think will do the best job for the country.

So what happened to all those Southern Democrats? Oh right they jumped ship and started voting GOP once the Dems changed their stance on major issues like race.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
OP as always is being highly disingenuous here folks. Race has and will always be an issue because even the GOP has attacked on insinuations based off Barack's race, family history and even whether or not he is an "American" due to his middle name. Should I start pulling GOP 3rd party campaign ads from Youtube or videos illustrating how some folks wont vote for Barack because he is Black? Oh and yes I do realize that Barack has a huge advantage in the African American vote then again so did Clinton and most modern day Democrats.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: Fern

You did not contradict what he said or what LBJ said, Bullet Bodycheck.

I did mean 40 years ago, not 50, but still.

After Johnson won in '64, the Dems lost the south as a block in every presidential election like clockwork, except for Carter in 76, and Clinton picked up only one southern state each time he ran.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: andy04
Originally posted by: Robor
Wow, some people sure are sensitive. Maybe there's something there?

Edit: I personally know people who are voting McCain because of Obama's race.

I personally know several ppl at my work who had no doubt who they were voting for from day one just beacuse of similar skin color.

Edit: More than 90% Blacks votes for BHO, so which community is more racist?

Shhhh... damn those pesky facts.