Aga Booga's old site - found

FishTankX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2001
Aga Booga's 'High income, low work' thread made me curious. So I decided to check it out.

His site in it's infancy

Nothing terribly impressive, but certianley not a tall tail. His story seems to check out.

Edit: Fixed

Aga booga says that's not the whole site. It's missing the top lists. But it looks like it might have had quite a bit of potential back then.

Edit: It's also a very old version

Origional thread

FishTankX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2001
This begs the question - What is the target audience of Pokemon?

Hey, whatever brings hits (And consequently dollars) right?

That is the business way

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
NM: I just saw your edit

The problem with that archiving site is that they only archive certain things, and some others get passed by without notice. If you click on topsites, you'll notice the link is not found. They can't really find the source code to my scripts and emulate them or something...

Also, what you see is some older design, at my site's peak it was much different and by far better. It had more content, nicer menu in dhtml and javascript, etc. That page you linked to is worthless compared to what it was during the last 6 or 7 months of its life.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
why is the original thread locked? No one said gay or ghey or used any racial slurs

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
wtf is this all about?

Agabooga claimed to have run a successful Pokemon website back when he was 11. No one bought that, so someone found that website Agabooga was talking about and started this thread. Additionaly, Agabooga also claimed to be a total player, hustler and a connoisseur of used panties. We are still waiting for proof on that one.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
wtf is this all about?

Agabooga claimed to have run a successful Pokemon website back when he was 11. No one bought that, so someone found that website Agabooga was talking about and started this thread. Additionaly, Agabooga also claimed to be a total player, hustler and a connoisseur of used panties. We are still waiting for proof on that one.

I'm not even going to comment on that one.

FishTankX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2001
Aga Booga: I don't nessecesarily doubt that, but there's no way to prove it until I find another archive program, as this is the only copy of your site at archive.org's database.

As I said though, it's just proof. Not saying that this was your website in it's prime.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
why is the original thread locked? No one said gay or ghey or used any racial slurs

Because I asked a mod to do it and since I started the thread, I should have the right to ask for it to stop. Why? Because it was going to lead to both sides still holding onto their opinions and believing the other is wrong. Even if there is a final outcome, does it matter to you all that much?

You know, I should have never even replied to your respone to one of my posts, then this whole argument wouldn't have ever started. I have learned my lesson.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: FishTankX
Aga Booga: I don't nessecesarily doubt that, but there's no way to prove it until I find another archive program, as this is the only copy of your site at archive.org's database.

As I said though, it's just proof. Not saying that this was your website in it's prime.

Ok, that makes sense. If there is any other evidence you guys can find online, please go ahead and find it and show it.