Aftermarket Cables? Individual sleeve

Tinsley847

Feb 23, 2013
I was debating on buying myself a nice set of these fancy cables that I see in high end custom rigs. The only 2 brands that I recognize are corsair and bitfenix alchemy's.

Anyone using these individually sleeved cables? How do you like them? Where did you buy yours?

Thanks

billyb0b

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2009
i've personally used nzxt and alchemy sleeved cables.... both are great build quality. you'd be happy with either of these... bitfenix and corsair also make quality cables

really the color/length and price is all that matters... all of these manufacturers are great

buy whatever u need in proper length, color, etccc

Tinsley847

Feb 23, 2013
On my Seasonic X850 the MB cable is split on the PSU side. See picture below.

Am I gonna have trouble finding a multi-sleeved cable that works with my PSU? All the ones I'm finding don't look like they would plug into mine :(

seasonic_xseries_850w.jpg

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
If that's the case, shouldn't be too difficult if you intend to sleeve the original cables individually. However, it is very time consuming. If you're not too particular, you can use the pre-sleeved cables as an extension and get the sleeved look on the end that connects to the motherboard.

Tinsley847

Feb 23, 2013

Defiantly doesn't push me one way or the other. Only 3 reviews and they are mixed.

Thank you very much for the link though, I didn't know this review website existed.

Anyone else have exp with them? They're apparently the only place in the world that carries this motherboard cable with individual sleeve. It sounds dumb to say, but I would never have ordered my Seasonic X850 had I known about this split connector...

Tinsley847

Feb 23, 2013
If that's the case, shouldn't be too difficult if you intend to sleeve the original cables individually. However, it is very time consuming. If you're not too particular, you can use the pre-sleeved cables as an extension and get the sleeved look on the end that connects to the motherboard.

I'm going to look into making them myself. Using Lustro0's guide at overclockers.net to figure it out atm.