After the boybands and Britney Spears are gone, what will the new music trend be?

ForeverSilky

Banned
Apr 6, 2000
It's bound to happen, in a year or two (most likely a year and a half) everyone's going to get tired of britney spears, members of some "boy" bands will be 30 years old +, (they weren't boys in the first place) and some new music trend will come about. What type of music do you think will be the next big trend?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
More room for Santana, Sting, Bon Jovi and the rest of the good artists. :) I like to think that bands such as the Barenaked Ladies will catch on a little more, who knows, something could go right for a change and RUSH's next album (if they ever make it) could wind up at the top of the charts, but I would like that too much for it to actually happen.

Zenmervolt

EDIT: Total Refracted Power; Amen. Amen. Too bad STYX broke up, they could still be great.

Harrald

Dec 6, 2000
I can only hope that the next big thing in music is.......

The ability to play your own instruments!!!!

I miss the days when to be a musician you had to be a musician.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Hey, Bon Jovi did have a couple of good songs. :) He is awful close to the modern pop bands though. Still better than those manufactured bands.

Zenmervolt

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Some other chick and more boy bands. Seriously, these pop acts just get repeated ad nauseaum(sp).

Thanatopsis

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
I agree with illkid - it will be more repetive sh!t, otherwise known as techno, trance, dance, and the crap they play at rave parties. You know that type of music - the type that only sounds good when you are high.

I wish more bands could be like Tool and Rage.

edit: I can't wait for the new Tool cd!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< edit: I can't wait for the new Tool cd! >>

hell yeah! did you get the box set?

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
<< It's bound to happen, in a year or two >>

BSB has been around for 3 years, what'll change in a year or two?

<< members of some &quot;boy&quot; bands will be 30 years old + >>

The average age is like 23. What kind of stupid @$$ school did you learn your math in?

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I think there will be a resurgance of young singer/songwriters, ie. people who actually have something to express. I think it will take at least 3 years.