After Supporting Prop 8, New CEO Brendan Eich Comes Under Fire From Mozilla Employees

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
He has freedom to support anti-gay measures and others have their freedom to use other products and denounce his anti-gay beliefs.

Free speech is not free from judgment of others.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Supporting a product that's going to either directly or indirectly lead to the funding of your own disenfranchisement would be pretty stupid eh?

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
He is being persecuted,... for persecuting others. How dare you prevent this man from preventing others to live their lives as they see fit?!

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
He didn't publicize it, someone dug through records to find his name and shame him.

Is this how social order and politics are going be practiced in the 21st century?

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Let me preface this by saying I support gay marriage.

I wonder what those smug, self-righteous asshole employees would be saying if they were removed because HE disagreed with their private lives.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
He is being persecuted,... for persecuting others. How dare you prevent this man from preventing others to live their lives as they see fit?!

The glbt community are one of the few groups who can call their perverted lifestyle normal, and expect others to accept their perversion.

No, the glbt community does not have the right to force people to accept their lifestyle as being normal.

Muslims can married girls at what, 6 or 7 years old? Should we deny Muslims the right to marry who they want? If you say no, then you are a bigot.

Mormons sometimes have more than 1 wife. Are we going to start allowing people to have 3, or 5 wives? What about husbands? You going to be ok with a woman having 3, 4 or 5 husbands?

Jews segregate the sexes because of religion, are you ok with that?

Why should we go out of our way to protect the glbt lifestyle, but refuse to accept other lifestyles?

Last edited:

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
Why should we go out of our way to protect the glbt lifestyle, but refuse to accept other lifestyles?

Did you recently have to change your morning commute because of a detour for gays out having gay sex in the street? Explain to me all of these changes you personally have to make to accommodate the existence of gay people?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Conform or be an outcast.

Isn't that what gays were fighting against?

Yet, here we are with the thought police arresting him and trying to ruin him.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Did you recently have to change your morning commute because of a detour for gays out having gay sex in the street? Explain to me all of these changes you personally have to make to accommodate the existence of gay people?

Explain to me why the world is having a hissy fit about Crimea.

You do not want until something is staring you in the face before you do something about it.

Exactly.

Gays have become what they were fighting against, which is oppressors. Either conform and support the gay rights movement, or down with you.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So the problems in Crimea are a false flag for the gay plague.

If you fight a monster long enough, you eventually become a monster.

The glbt community has become what they are fighting against, which is oppressors.

Nobody is denying gays equal rights. Gays can still vote, own a gun, receive trial by jury, open a blog, read a newspaper, go to a church of their choice. They just have to live a normal lifestyle.

It is like muslims and mormons, nobody is denying them equal rights. They just can not marry children or be married to more than 1 spouse.

Last edited:

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
I know right? Unless you business is politics, keep politics out of your business.

That's what I don't get about business's doing things like this. Even if 90% of your business is inline with your beliefs the other 10% is not. So you chance losing out on business no matter if you are hard liberal or hard conservative.

Just remember this saying "Our business deals in XYZ not politics. We do not have anything to do with ABC issue. We treat all our customers and employees equally and follow all laws." That's it, stay out and run your business. Anything else is a distraction.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Yet, here we are with the thought police arresting him and trying to ruin him.

Of course because homosexuals were actively trying to subvert his rights ... wait, no, that's what he was supporting by donating to a group who actually was trying to subvert rights of LGBT people.

You know who I also won't support, people that think we should go back to the days of slavery!

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
wait, no, that's what he was supporting by donating to a group who actually was trying to subvert rights of LGBT people.

Nobody is "subverting" the rights of glbt people.

They just have to live within accepted social norms.

They can still vote, still receive a jury trial, still have right to a lawyer,,,,,.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
That's what I don't get about business's doing things like this. Even if 90% of your business is inline with your beliefs the other 10% is not. So you chance losing out on business no matter if you are hard liberal or hard conservative.

Just remember this saying "Our business deals in XYZ not politics. We do not have anything to do with ABC issue. We treat all our customers and employees equally and follow all laws." That's it, stay out and run your business. Anything else is a distraction.

It's stupidity pure and simple, unless you have too many customers and are just looking to shed a few. I doubt you are going to get people to use Mozilla because they may agree with your beliefs, but you damn sure can piss them off enough to where they may look elsewhere for a browser.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Nobody is "subverting" the rights of glbt people.

They just have to live within accepted social norms.

They can still vote, still receive a jury trial, still have right to a lawyer,,,,,.

And apparently the 14th Amendment that gives equal rights and privilege doesn't apply if you're LGBT. Or at least it doesn't if you have a conservative mindset. At least the Texashiker version of conservative, which I believe is defined as "conservative post receiving severe head trauma".