After market Car leather/spoiler/rims

gluck

Oct 29, 2003
Got a Camry LE 05 and now want to pimp it.
Leather - I found a official installer for katzkin - $1050 (bit too high)
spoiler - I am thinking of spoilerdepot.com and getting it installed
rims - still looking for some nice ones

Does any one know of decent places where I coul get this stuff.
I am in the Los Angeles area.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Why didn't you just get the leather and spoiler from the dealer?

Wheels? Look online..much better selection.

edi sucks

Apr 14, 2005
i'm thinking of putting leather seats in my '99 civic...i've heard that used ones can be found for ~$300, not sure how easy it is to install (or how much it would run me to get someone else to do it)

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
Buy camary seats that are leather from the factory and just replace your existing ones. Also, dont get one of those big dumb spoilers. They are ghey.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: edi sucks
i'm thinking of putting leather seats in my '99 civic...i've heard that used ones can be found for ~$300, not sure how easy it is to install (or how much it would run me to get someone else to do it)

Replacing seats is easy....assuming the brackets work. For a civic you will want to check if Integra seats fit. I'm thinking they will.

TGS

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Don't fall for the hype, the womens love the double spoilers.

Hot

I suggest ordering two, so when the first gets stolen by the haters, you can pop out the second.

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: edi sucks

Replacing seats is easy....assuming the brackets work. For a civic you will want to check if Integra seats fit. I'm thinking they will.

unless that is an example, wrong thing to say seeing as OP states a camry.

I agree, huge aftermarket spoilers are teh suck. look around and see if you can find the stock spolier. and there are a crap load of rims out, multiple sizes and what not. best advice on rims, if you buy larger than stock size, have the shop adjust the rubber size so the diameter is not larger than stock, when you start going larger or smaller than what is on the car orignally, you can have problems, suspension, steering, gas mileage, accurate reading on speedometer. check out this site for rims. they have alot. good luck!

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: TGS
Don't fall for the hype, the womens love the double spoilers.

Hot

I suggest ordering two, so when the first gets stolen by the haters, you can pop out the second.

OMG! that is the most hideous thing I've seen since I saw a jetta with a wing that sat higher than the roof, and the car was at stock height as well.

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
<---- disclaimer: things said partially in jest, my household of 8 has 3 camrys and a corolla ---->

forget the looks. you drive a camry. every 10th car in LA is a camry. Even if you rip off every body panel and replace them, it's still a camry. your next door neighbor has one. his cousin that lives across town has one. and that cousin just bought a used one for his kid.

that being said, watch out for leather seats unless you wear pants all the time. I'd think about performance upgrades instead of external looks, but that's probably because I hate the ricer look.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: gluck
Got a Camry LE 05 and now want to pimp it.
Leather - I found a official installer for katzkin - $1050 (bit too high)
spoiler - I am thinking of spoilerdepot.com and getting it installed
rims - still looking for some nice ones

Does any one know of decent places where I coul get this stuff.
I am in the Los Angeles area.

LA? WEST COAST CUSTOMS BABY!

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
Originally posted by: jaedaliu
<---- disclaimer: things said partially in jest, my household of 8 has 3 camrys and a corolla ---->

forget the looks. you drive a camry. every 10th car in LA is a camry. Even if you rip off every body panel and replace them, it's still a camry. your next door neighbor has one. his cousin that lives across town has one. and that cousin just bought a used one for his kid.

that being said, watch out for leather seats unless you wear pants all the time.
I'd think about performance upgrades instead of external looks, but that's probably because I hate the ricer look.
I never wear pants when I drive (too constricting). The soft leather seats in my Accord never seems to chafe me.

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
Originally posted by: jaedaliu

that being said, watch out for leather seats unless you wear pants all the time.
I'd think about performance upgrades instead of external looks, but that's probably because I hate the ricer look.
I never wear pants when I drive (too constricting). The soft leather seats in my Accord never seems to chafe me.

chafing isn't a problem with leather (assuming you know how to condition it) the problem i have (and the reason why i never get leather seats) is those hot days when you get in the car and stick, and stick, and have to peel yourself off your seat.

or maybe that's just me.