After Impeachment, Dems should win Pres in 2020 if they use the tagline "Bring back dignity to the White House"

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
http://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_f357da90a6d6faecc17601d67290c785

If past impeachments (Nixon/Clinton), then the opposing party will win Pres if they keep pounding away with the message along the lines of bringing dignity back to the whitehouse.

but unlike the past, the Impeached Pres will be running for re-election. Experts say this is an unknown area.

for me, it's even better for the Dems.
instead of trying to associate the Repub Pres candidate as a person as undignified as the impeached Pres, they actually have the undignified Impeached Pres as the target.

Should be a lock for the Dems (no matter who is the candidate) if they keep with the message.

• Haha
Reactions: JockoJohnson

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This would be a good commercial to air in suburbs

Play montage of Trump swearing, insulting and doing various vulgar things. Play it in front of young kids. Cut to kids mimicking same bad behavior with ominous commentary. It will give all those moms something to think about.

Who would have thought we would be reduced to our own children not being able to watch the President of the United States.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
"Bring back dignity and honesty to the White House"

I'm working on a website to sell caps and T-shirts. I could make big, big bucks. I may even go on Sharks. Who wants one?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
"Bring back dignity and honesty to the White House"

I'm working on a website to sell caps and T-shirts. I could make big, big bucks. I may even go on Sharks. Who wants one?

Yes, absolutely this. I would say, "bring back integrity to the White House." Trump's dishonestly should be a major theme in 2020.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
All depends on who ends up on the democratic ticket, and who comes out to vote. Devil I know rules come into play if the dems go far left.

Nov 8, 2012
"It's the economy, stupid"

Biggest factor will be the economy.

2nd Biggest will be who the Dems pick. They need to go more moderate - but not stupid moderate like Biden... so... tough choice. Either way, I'm sure dems have this in the bag - no need to go in on election day ;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I struggle to understand why the ideology of the democratic nominee would matter to anyone. The current president is a mentally ill criminal. Who gives a shit about a few years of policy you don’t like?

Reactions: thilanliyan

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"It's the economy, stupid"

Biggest factor will be the economy.

2nd Biggest will be who the Dems pick. They need to go more moderate - but not stupid moderate like Biden... so... tough choice. Either way, I'm sure dems have this in the bag - no need to go in on election day ;)

You're in the bag for Trump I figure.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I struggle to understand why the ideology of the democratic nominee would matter to anyone. The current president is a mentally ill criminal. Who gives a shit about a few years of policy you don’t like?

Cuz the Commies will take over & there won't be any Freedumb! They'll take away all the guns, institute Sharia Law & make us get gay married to brown migrants in FEMA camps! Because the server! They say Ukraine has it! Oh the Humanity!

Or some other rationale that's equally delusional.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
All depends on who ends up on the democratic ticket, and who comes out to vote. Devil I know rules come into play if the dems go far left.
Let's see: Obama runs as a liberal* and wins.
Clinton runs as a conservative and loses to Donald Trump.
Going left wins elections for the Dems. It gets the vote out.

* Yes, I know Obama governed center-right but he did run as a liberal.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What does that mean? As in not vote 3rd party?

That's what I did last time as well. I've mentioned it multiple times that I voted for Billary.
How did voting third party work out for you?
How did you voting third party work out for the country?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
How did voting third party work out for you?
How did you voting third party work out for the country?

Billary=Hillary = Democrats = 1 of 2 major parties <> third party.

Come on guys while I know @s0me0nesmind1 is conservative he’s always maintained he voted dem because he knew what kind of a guy Trump was. That’s actually what we want conservatives doing.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Let's see: Obama runs as a liberal* and wins.
Clinton runs as a conservative and loses to Donald Trump.
Going left wins elections for the Dems. It gets the vote out.

* Yes, I know Obama governed center-right but he did run as a liberal.
No, running Hillary *loses* elections for the Democrats. I am sick and tired of people saying that because Hillary lost, a moderate Democrat cant win. Hillary lost because she ran a poor campaign strategically (among other things, did not pay enough attention to the swing states that won trump the election), was unlikable as a person, and was very effectively smeared by the Republicans about Bengahzi and the e-mails.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
No, running Hillary *loses* elections for the Democrats. I am sick and tired of people saying that because Hillary lost, a moderate Democrat cant win. Hillary lost because she ran a poor campaign strategically (among other things, did not pay enough attention to the swing states that won trump the election), was unlikable as a person, and was very effectively smeared by the Republicans about Bengahzi and the e-mails.

Edit: And btw, the lastest polls I believe, are showing that support among the voters for impeachment is actually decreasing, probably because the Republicans are very effectively muddying the waters about what really happened, and ruthlessly attaching the witnesses at the hearing.

Nov 8, 2012
Billary=Hillary = Democrats = 1 of 2 major parties <> third party.

Come on guys while I know @s0me0nesmind1 is conservative he’s always maintained he voted dem because he knew what kind of a guy Trump was. That’s actually what we want conservatives doing.

Appreciate the.... shout out I guess - I won't call it a defense since it's just merely stating my voting stance... but none the less, I greatly appreciate you stating the facts :beermug:

I will continue to vote left for this next election. No, I will not vote 3rd party. I just honestly give my opinion of what I feel will result in your greatest chances of success.

Reactions: Paratus