After careful consideration I have concluded that

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Vegas is like day thirteen at the state fair except that it's day 32,399 and the carnies are smelling pretty ripe.
That statement's context varies greatly by which state you are insinuating the fair is taking place.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
If you gave me a free trip to Vegas with the condition I had to stay in Vegas, I doubt I'd take it.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
413hl-GgKKL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Havent been to vegas since around 1994 or 1995 or something. They had some kind of video gaming demo stuff there, and circus circus wasn't too bad though it only had like 1 coaster.

Wouldn't mind goin there for a few days and then go eat at decent restaurants in the area and go see Pen & Teller if they still do their comedy/magic act like they did for so many years.
Vegas usesd to be where lots of Stand Up comics filmed specials or had events, I would hope that Vegas was still a good place to see comics...

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Havent been to vegas since around 1994 or 1995 or something. They had some kind of video gaming demo stuff there, and circus circus wasn't too bad though it only had like 1 coaster.

Wouldn't mind goin there for a few days and then go eat at decent restaurants in the area and go see Pen & Teller if they still do their comedy/magic act like they did for so many years.
Vegas usesd to be where lots of Stand Up comics filmed specials or had events, I would hope that Vegas was still a good place to see comics...

Chicago and NY are pretty good places for that too and have the benefit of not being Las Vegas

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Alcohol makes Las Vegas less bad
@Exterous: I had downloaded your Canadian Rockies shots and am using them in a slide show as my desktop background. Stunning! Thanks again!

Uh, haven't been to Vegas since 14 years old (or anywhere in Nevada). Not much into alcohol. Vegas isn't high on my list of places I want to go right now. I'm sure Vegas is ready for me but I'm not sure I'm ready for Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exterous

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I was watching a documentary. A king of England soon after the foreigners conquered them in 1066 was on a foreign trip. His son, the next king was with him. His son was hard partier, and had a fast ship. He, his friends, the crew, were very drunk partying. It was night. The King had sailed. The son decided to catch up, and ordered the drunk crew to row fast. They did, and hit a big well-known rock.

As both the shore and the King's ship could hear, they drowned, screaming. The future of England was changed by a drunk driving accident.

Ended up, the daughter was made the heir by the king instead, for the first time ever for a woman to rule in Europe; but a nephew, who was supposed to be on the boat but had got off to pee and missed it, decided he should be the king, and they fought. Weak leaders led to the kings having to give up their power beginning the weak monarchs they have today.

Alcohol, perhaps the reason the queen today has to put up with Boris Johnson and can't chop off his head, though, ironically, alcohol could well be the reason she would do it anyway. Good thing she drinks moderately. Don't drink and execute. Except perhaps for Boris Johnson.