After 5 years I finally proposed and.....

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
she said yes! :)

It took weeks of planning but it was all worth it.

What I did was I bought a 25 piece puzzle and put it together. On the back of the puzzle I wrote a message. Everyday I dropped off 5 pieces of the puzzle for her in an evelope for 5 days at her job. At the end of the week (Friday) she had the entire puzzle with a message about going on an adventure Saturday written on the back. I included a compass and a treasure map I made with my artistic talent... I have about as much as a first grader :laugh: I was able to age it to look like a really old map using tea, a lighter and tearing it along the edges. I also gave her the first clue to find the first item. She had to find 10 items, each one leading to the next. Each item represented something in our relationship and what she means to me. The treasure hunt took place at The Japanese Garden in Houston and it was very serene.. with 2 small ponds, small waterfall, little creeks, some ducks, rabbits and squirrels running around. Very beautiful place. At the end of the treasure she found a treasure box filled with fake gold coins, jewelery and a mirror. Attached to the mirror a message said "look in the mirror and there you will find the most beautiful and valuable treasure in the world". I also left an envelope in the treasure box with dinner reservations and to dress formal.

I picked her up for dinner and brought her a dozen white roses.... She looked stunning! :) I tooke her to an upscale Italian restaurant called Sorrento's Ristorante Italianowere we ate a 5 course Italian dinner. The food was excellent. Afterwards I took her to an 8 story water wall in Houston called the Williams Waterwall. There we walked around after which I got down on one knee and proposed. It was awesome. We went back to my place to celebrate!

Edit: Added Pics of my loved one!
I'm on the right holding the camera
The love of my life

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
congrats. good to know there are other guys out there that know what to do. i was feeling all alone for a while there.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: frankgomez75

What I did was I bought a 25 piece puzzle and put it together. On the back of the puzzle I wrote a message. Everyday I dropped off 5 pieces of the puzzle for her in an evelope for 5 days at her job. At the end of the week (Friday) she had the entire puzzle with a message about going on an adventure Saturday written on the back. I included a compass and a treasure map I made with my artistic talent... I have about as much as a first grader :laugh: I was able to age it to look like a really old map using tea, a lighter and tearing it along the edges. I also gave her the first clue to find the first item. She had to find 10 items, each one leading to the next. Each item represented something in our relationship and what she means to me. The treasure hunt took place at The Japanese Garden in Houston and it was very serene.. with 2 small ponds, small waterfall, little creeks, some ducks, rabbits and squirrels running around. Very beautiful place. At the end of the treasure she found a treasure box filled with fake gold coins, jewelery and a mirror. Attached to the mirror a message said "look in the mirror and there you will find the most beautiful and valuable treasure in the world". I also left an envelope in the treasure box with dinner reservations and to dress formal.

I picked her up for dinner and brought her a dozen white roses.... She looked stunning! :) I tooke her to an upscale Italian restaurant called Sorrento's Ristorante Italianowere we ate a 5 course Italian dinner. The food was excellent. Afterwards I took her to an 8 story water wall in Houston called the Williams Waterwall. There we walked around after which I got down on one knee and proposed. It was awesome. We went back to my place to celebrate!
well done frank. :thumbsup:

i would just change one thing. when you told her about the dinner reservations and to dress formal you should have bought her the dress to wear. let me say there is nothing more special than having the man of your dreams buy you a dress to wear. it's the epitomy of romance to me.

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
I'd hate to think what you'll have to pull off on your 1st year anniversary

still, very impressive!

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Yanagi
Woah. Congrats man.

Pics of said celebration?

I think I would be banned if I posted those... ;)
Lets just say she model some new items from Victorias Secret for me...

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Holy crap man!

That's crazy and such an awesome way to do it!!

Congrats!!

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Hyperblaze
I'd hate to think what you'll have to pull off on your 1st year anniversary

still, very impressive!

Thnx...

Hopefully I only have to pull off her clothes... :evil:
But yeah... I think I may have dug myself into a hole.... :laugh:

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
Congradulations man, sounds like alot of work, but she said yes, so something must have impressed her.

I am curious though, I don't know you, but I know that if I were to do something to this same degree of "intensity" i would be worried about possible reprocussions in the distant future.

You mite get things like "why can't you ever do things for me like when we were first married." I dunno though.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade

i would just change one thing. when you told her about the dinner reservations and to dress formal you should have bought her the dress to wear. let me say there is nothing more special than having the man of your dreams buy you a dress to wear. it's the epitomy of romance to me.

Is that right? Is this just a personal thing or do many women secretly adore this? Never thought about buying a dress for my woman.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
One of my college friends sent his then-gf on a similar day-long hunt across town, I think he even threw some crypto-related clues for her.

Doctorweir

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2000

But may also be an open invitation for trouble if not done carefully... "How fat do you think I am??? An this color!!!" *slap* *slap* :laugh:

Ok, but after 5 years you may know... ;)

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
To top that for your anniversary you may have to figure out a way to write her name on the moon. But definately an A+ for effort and creativity. Congrats.

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004

Is that right? Is this just a personal thing or do many women secretly adore this? Never thought about buying a dress for my woman.[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda wonder this too... maybe when we get married on our 1st year anniversary I could do that... hmmm.

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
wow. very impressive. i have been thinking of ideas off and on for about 2 months, but i cannot think of the perfect thing yet. i would say you hit it as close to perfect as possible with this one. yes you could have bought the dress, but there is always room for improvement :)

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002

my name is frank, I live in houston (across main street from the japanese garden, actually), and I've been to the waterwall . . . you aren't me, are you?

anywho, congrats, sounds like you went all out.

Did you guys attract an audience at the waterwall? I've never seen it without at least several people wandering around.

BKLounger had a good idea with writing her name on the moon for an anniversary - better start buying high quality astronomy lenses and laser diodes now . . . .

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
You da man! :thumbsup:

You definately went out of your way for the proposal. Props, seems like that took some balls and some dedication.

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Yanagi
Woah. Congrats man.

Pics of said celebration?

I think I would be banned if I posted those... ;)
Lets just say she model some new items from Victorias Secret for me...

Ahem....those weren't exactly new. <polishes knuckles and whistles quietly>

Seriously, good job. Very romantic. You set the bar high. Now, in 10 years, she'll be all "remember when you sent me on the treasure hunt blah blah blah why don't you do that any more?"

My wife, on the other hand, will be thankful that I don't take her to any more NASCAR races :)

<j/k>

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001

Mosh, you know frank can't buy dresses anymore since that time he bought one and was caught wearing it.
:p

Coolness ++ bonus on the whole thing. Great job!