After 10 years I finally decided to re-visit the dr.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
Well, got another opinion and I am now scheduled for surgery at the end of this month. :(

Can you go into any more detail?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
Originally posted by: minendo
Well, got another opinion and I am now scheduled for surgery at the end of this month. :(

Can you go into any more detail?
Doesn't sound like it is too severe, but my understanding is they are going to scrape away build up behind my knee cap on my left knee. Right knee is next I guess.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Wife had both knees done. They broke some bone and reattached them a bit. Nice 6 inch scars on both legs from middle of the knee down.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
I'm 28. Had a knee injury in HS about a decade ago. Was never quite the same. Lived with it. Finally got sick of it a couple of years ago.

I had knee surgery at 25. Made one aspect of my knee better, and another worse. I tried to rehab through it (about 8 weeks worth)... didn't do much. Got frustrated and just tried to live with it (again). This past August had a simple knee scope done to see what's gone on in there since the first surgery. Doc said there was nothing much he saw that he could do anything. I just have a bad knee. Arthritic. So now I just try to strengthen it and rehab it constantly. Hurts to walk up stairs, ride a bike, etc. Basically anything that bends my knee with weight/force on it. Simply bending my leg feels fine (sitting in a chair, dangling it).

Anyway, your knees are precious. Very fragile and not easily mendable. I wish the best of luck to you. If only that fat fuck hadn't rolled into my leg that one fateful day in HS on the basketball court... /sigh