African Origin of all World Religions

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
Originally posted by: Corbett
The funny thing about threads like this trying to prove Christianity is a farce, is that Christianity has been about for over 2,000 years and still, in this "modern" day, not a single thing in the Bible can be disproven with all of the technological advanced man has made!

Riiiiight. And since our technology can not disprove anything in the bible, how about you prove 2000 years later that man can walk on water? Or that prayer helps people? Or that God exists? Or that stoning people that break Sabbath is the right approach?

Thanks for proving my point. You cant disprove any of it!

Prove to me that we do not live in the Matrix.
Prove to me that we are not characters in a video game that aliens have created.

This can go on and on, since you can not disprove those things, does it make them correct?

Thats GREAT !!! :D

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There are many Gods and many ways of worshipping and sometimes systems to control people. In the Bible it refers to many different gods. There is the Mother figure which refers to the mother of all living that some in Isreal use to offer up offerings to. There was also a practice of passing children through the fire. i.e. burning them alive. The forms and types of Gods, Worship, and practices in different religions is endless. You could just as easily point to South America and claim that some ancient Religions came from South America. However, that is another story.

Then there are the Giants??

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/giants.html

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: piasabird
There are many Gods and many ways of worshipping and sometimes systems to control people. In the Bible it refers to many different gods. There is the Mother figure which refers to the mother of all living that some in Isreal use to offer up offerings to. There was also a practice of passing children through the fire. i.e. burning them alive. The forms and types of Gods, Worship, and practices in different religions is endless. You could just as easily point to South America and claim that some ancient Religions came from South America. However, that is another story.

Claiming is the same as believing. This isn't about claims, it's about history.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Narmer
I think around the year 0 A.D, there were some strong sentiments and against Roman rule. Christianity was a cult like any other. The major difference was that it was a cult whose God was forgiving and that was appealing to rich and poor alike. I don't know the definitive history of Christianity but I can point you in the right directions. The aforementioned books and the documentary I saw on early Christianity back around in 1992-1994 on The Learning Channel would be good places to check.
Christianity wasn't anything in 0 AD. :p I do know at least a little about the history of Christianity. I've visited the tombs of some saints, most notably that of St. Peter in the Vatican City. The only reason the church knew that he was buried there was because the Romans took a lot of joy in killing him and wrote down all the gory details. The Romans kept quite good records about a lot of things, including the charges against Jesus, when, where, and how he and his followers were killed and buried.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I suppose you are going to tell me the Toltecs, The Aztecs, and the Chan-Chan Trading empires did not exist???

http://www.inkanatura.com/coastchiclayotrujillochanchan.asp

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/meso/cultures/toltec.html

In the Book "He walked the Americas" it talks a lot about ancient American Cultures. Burial Mounds and the people from South America. The book was written by an Archealogist whose father co-authored the Continental Drift Theory. One interesting point in the book refers to an ancient legend of the grove of ancient cedars in Tule, Mexico. The legend states that this person pointed to one of the trees in Tule and stated that the tree was the oldest living thing on the Earth.

Probably every race on the earth has similar types of claims. See the Tree for yourself. The tree still stands today!

http://www.nyu.edu/projects/julian/tulepix.html

http://www.wovoca.com/he-walked-the-americas/

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

I suppose you are going to tell me the Toltecs, The Aztecs, and the Chan-Chan Trading empires did not exist???

You need to make yourself clear as to what you are talking about.

Originally posted by: CycloWizard
I think around the year 0 A.D, there were some strong sentiments and against Roman rule. Christianity was a cult like any other. The major difference was that it was a cult whose God was forgiving and that was appealing to rich and poor alike. I don't know the definitive history of Christianity but I can point you in the right directions. The aforementioned books and the documentary I saw on early Christianity back around in 1992-1994 on The Learning Channel would be good places to check.
Christianity wasn't anything in 0 AD. :p I do know at least a little about the history of Christianity. I've visited the tombs of some saints, most notably that of St. Peter in the Vatican City. The only reason the church knew that he was buried there was because the Romans took a lot of joy in killing him and wrote down all the gory details. The Romans kept quite good records about a lot of things, including the charges against Jesus, when, where, and how he and his followers were killed and buried.

Really. That's news to me. I've never, ever heard of such records.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: StormRider
Did the Egyptian religions also have the same influence on the Eastern religions/philosophies from Asian?

They are all the same. If you take out the entire Middle East, Africa, and Europe, you can easily see that the vast majority of Eastern religion was derived from Hinduism, including Buddhism. The fact that Hinduism and the Egyptian Rituals are extremely similar is beyond argument. In fact, you can see the same savior in all these religions in the form of Osiris/Christ/Chrisna/Buddah, they are all the same. The other strange underlying fact is that they are all avatars of Om, the supreme god. In other words, there is only one God. That is why the prefix Om (am or um) can be found in virtually every language known to man. From Ameda in Japanese to amir in Hebrew to Amen (Ammon) to amore to omnipresent and ambrosia. Wherever you see that prefix, it has a positive meaning.

That's cool. I'm agnostic but have positive feelings about religion. For me, I hope there is a God and that there are many paths to him and that the different religions are just different paths (or different views) to this God.

In Babylon 5, I think there was this group that studied all religions and tried to find the things that are common to all of them.

I personally think that religion evolves over time. When society was barbaric, we felt the need for a strong stern God who would punish wrongdoers. As society progresses and we create laws and institutions to protect ourselves (we don't concern ourselves with the very act of survival 100% of the time these days) we feel the need for a more forgiving God.

In essence, we are creating what we think this God should be like and we are attempting to create a world according to what we think are his wishes.

In a science fiction standpoint, sometimes I wonder if our collective consciousness will give rise to a greater consciousness -- maybe it will become this God. Just like our neurons (which can be thought of as primitive processing units) construct our consciousness, each individual person (which can be thought of as a more advanced processing unit) will eventually construct the consciousness of God.

If we do create God then this God will have the form of what we think or wish it will be. That's why I hope for a God that will allows for many different paths to him and that most religions will just be a different representation of him (sort of how light can be viewed as either a particle or wave).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The funny thing about threads like this trying to prove Christianity is a farce, is that Christianity has been about for over 2,000 years and still, in this "modern" day, not a single thing in the Bible can be disproven with all of the technological advanced man has made!

Riiiiight. And since our technology can not disprove anything in the bible, how about you prove 2000 years later that man can walk on water? Or that prayer helps people? Or that God exists? Or that stoning people that break Sabbath is the right approach?

Allow me to help you. You are attempting to use the argument from ignorance. It is a classic logical fallacy.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: AnitaPeterson
Originally posted by: Aimster
so Jesus was an Arab like Muhammad.

Semite does NOT equal Arab.

If you put Jesus in the middle of Arabia could you spot him out?

No

But that's irrelevant... it would happen to most people named Jesus... especially Mexicans :p

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: beyoku

Prove to me that we are not characters in a video game that aliens have created.

This can go on and on, since you can not disprove those things, does it make them correct?

You are asking me to disprove something in 5 minutes when other have had 2,000 years to prove God does not exist and still cant?

But maybe you are right, this thread is a Deja Vu from all the same peole witha ll the same posts. Maybe the Matrix is real!

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: beyoku

You are asking me to disprove something in 5 minutes when other have had 2,000 years to prove God does not exist and still cant?

But maybe you are right, this thread is a Deja Vu from all the same peole witha ll the same posts. Maybe the Matrix is real!

Corbett, it is pointless to continue this, your beliefs have clouded your ability to think. My point was you CAN NOT disprove ANYTHING when you use FAITH to guide you. Its the same idiotic thinking that pushed me away from organized religion, which always takes the easy way out. Its the same old tired excuse religous people use. The best ones involve the belief that the Earth is slightly less than 6000 years old. I've heard people like yourself say the same thing, prove that it is older than 6000 years old. And when carbon dating gets brought up, or dinosaur fossils, or anything else that would prove it then the answer is----- God intentionally made things look older to test your faith!!

Oh and Corbett, man has had over 2000 to prove that GOD DOES EXIST. Where is the proof? Send me a link cause I must have missed the news story.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
Interesting stuff. It supports my long-held theory that religions are not fundamentally different, but are merely different manifestations of the same desire. Just as some people learn better visually than by hearing, some people are more receptive to different religious structures. Religion, of all things, is not a one-size-fits-all construct.
Exactly

Religion evolved. Survival of the fittest - the religions that didn't have what it took to survive, died out. Greek gods? Gone. Religions of the ancient Americans, both North and South? Gone as well.
Other religions came about to suit the needs of various societies, and even within what became distinct religions, subdivisions have formed.

True. The sad thing is that we are all fighting and killing each other over the exact same beliefs. Is there any hope for man? I hope so.

EDIT: The religions you mentioned that disappeared from the annals of history had strong associations with the Egyptian Rituals as well, especially those in North and South America. Godfrey Higgins discusses it extensively in his book.

they aren't the same exact beliefs or else there would be no killing. perhaps theres an underlying subconscious knowledge that their religion is cribbing from others and that makes them insecure and prone to lashing out. deep down they know they are full of sh*t in other words.

as for survival of the fittest sure, definetly. but like any virus it doesn't care about the condition of the host, just its own survival and perpetuation. religion is a virus of the mind.