advise on getting health insurance.

TanisHalfElven

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
hello all.
i've been without health insurance for about a year but i was talking to a freind and he convinced me to get it.

well my work doesn't give me benefits so i am looking for something cheap but that would prevent me from going head over heels in debt.

anyone got any recommendations for me. any tips, things to watch out for, thing to keep in mind... you know the sort of knowledge gained by actually having having dealt with the system.

This is is Austin TX if that mean anything.

thanks.

Oct 9, 1999
I used ehealthinsurance.com before and was setup with HealthNet PPO, i was paying about 60/mo for a basic health insurance. They covered me pretty well when i went into surgury.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Yup, a majority of people in the US don't have health coverage. You should buy one of those bluecross PPO insurances. They are very minimal, but they cover a checkup and some small stuff. It's better to spend money and get checked out for sure. I knew someone that refused to see a doctor or a checkup and he died of a heartattack some months later.

A quick search:
tonik healthwww.tonikhealth.com

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Do you guys know if health insurance offered by colleges are generally worth it? Mine is offering it for about $50 / mo.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
Yup, a majority of people in the US don't have health coverage. You should buy one of those bluecross PPO insurances. They are very minimal, but they cover a checkup and some small stuff. It's better to spend money and get checked out for sure. I knew someone that refused to see a doctor or a checkup and he died of a heartattack some months later.

A quick search:
tonik healthwww.tonikhealth.com

Yup, a majority of people in the US don't have health coverage :confused: