Advil ok the day after a bender?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sust

Sep 1, 2001
Oh wait, silly me forgot to RTFP.

Goodman and Gillman have nothing to say about (ibuprofen+ethanol) induced liver damage.
You're on your own for this one.
Maybe ask your friendly neighborhood street chemist?

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Advil is fine, the side effect of advil at any time is that it irratates your stomach, and in rare cases causes stomach bleeding. Alcohol is the same way, so that effect can be accentuated if you have advil and alcohol in your stomach at the same time. Morning after, no big deal.

For me, water + advil + a nap cures any hangover right up.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
you need WATER

+ food... gradually.

Flush it out of your system and nourish your body with all the good stuff it flushed out last night to make room for alcohol.

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
H20 - Lots of it.

Just a FYI - After you get home from a long night of drinking, fill up two huge glasses of water (cold) and chug them down with some ibuprofen (optional - consult your doctor on the ibuprofen). The water does wonders....

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Right, the hangover feeling is a direct result of being severely dehydrated. You need water. Next time when you drink a lot, be sure to drink a lot of water along with the alcohol. It may save you from drinking to much, and it can normally prevent the hangover from ever happening.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Hair of the dog that bit ya. :p

Seriously, though, I've always found that a spicy tomato juice (basically a Bloody Mary minus the alcohol) does wonders for a hangover.