Advice on dvd players: Looking for something with shuffle play for mp3's

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Hi,

I didn't know where to post this exactly. I'm looking for a basic dvd player for a bedroom tv, but I also want it to play mp3's. I remember looking at them a few years back and they had very basic mp3 functions and the carousel's didn't have much in the way of shuffle play for mp3's. I would like something that I can put several mp3 discs into and then shuffle play the discs.

I also want decent movie playback quality as well.

TIA,

Sal

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
A lot of the APEX series can do that, and they are cheap as hell too.... you can also play VCDs with em :D

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I would suggest a bunch of models, but the best thing is to head to Best Buy or Circuit City B&M and ask them what models are have the features you want. Find one you like, then hit PriceGrabber.com to see how much overpriced BB & CC are....then do some deal hunting.

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I would suggest a bunch of models, but the best thing is to head to Best Buy or Circuit City B&M and ask them what models are have the features you want. Find one you like, then hit PriceGrabber.com to see how much overpriced BB & CC are....then do some deal hunting.

that's the best thing to do. I personally like Pioneer, any model especially the slim series is very nice.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the Apex line a while back when they were just about the only players to play mp3's and they still had the "loopholes menu". The problem that I had with the Apex is that the mp3 function was very basic and you couldn't shuffle play. Now, the newer brand name players all seem to have mp3 functionality. I was just wondering if there was any player out there that had a good mp3 function that let you shuffle play and displayed mp3's in full filenames.

Anyway.. Thanks again.

Sal