Advice on Component Switch, Dolby Digital Live Soundcard

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Since I'm looking for two specific things at once, I'll just combine it in to one thread here:

1) I'm looking for a component switch so that I can switch between my consoles(since I've run out of inputs). I'm a tightwad, so the cheaper something is here the better.

2) I'm going to hook up my HTPC to my sound system and would like to do so via DD. What cards are currently shipping with DD Live support and work under Vista?

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
No, I'm perfectly fine with a manual switch since I would need to get up to change games anyhow.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
i'm a cheapo so i've successfully used a simple composite/stereo switcher to switch a component signal.
but i didn't have to worry about audio since my reciever can route one set of component inputs to multiple "labels" each with a different optical input

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
I love my Onkyo receiver for that reason alone.
It has 3 component inputs and one out and it switches with the receiver.
Makes having only one component input on my TV less of an issue. (I have all of the component inputs full with all of my stuff :p)

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: vshah
i'm a cheapo so i've successfully used a simple composite/stereo switcher to switch a component signal.
but i didn't have to worry about audio since my reciever can route one set of component inputs to multiple "labels" each with a different optical input
Ye gods, that's brilliant.:D I just need to see if I can get the audio cables from the Wii far enough from the component video cables.