Advertisements are getting out of hand

Bubblehappy

Aug 14, 2010
I understand sites like Anandtech are in business to make money, but the ads on this site are getting ridiculous. When it becomes nearly impossible to simply navigate through the site without clicking on an advertisement, things need to change.

Just venting.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
sometimes i feel like disabling noscript just to see what i'm missing out on

but nope

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Yeah, I already tried to get them to fix it. They don't seem to care. Adblock on (first time I have EVER used adblock, seriously).

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
yeah its ridiculous, there was this stupid LG add that kept popping up from bottom of screen literally faster than i could close it and it would be back.

I had adblock and noscript off for anandtech before so they could make add money but if this is what they are going to do screw them, its back on now.

Bring back reasonable adds and ill reconsider.

stockwiz

Sep 8, 2013
The static ads I don't mind, the ones that pop up from the bottom, autoplay videos, and the modals asking for email addresses are the worst. I can't seem to post replies with ublock enabled so this site seems to have found a passive way to try to get people to whitelist it.

Honestly it's gotten to the point where I just don't browse the internet anymore.. it's actually gotten me to go outside more and do other activities, advertising in 2016 is SO OBNOXIOUS. I have my select few conspiracy sites I visit and apps I use for stocks but other then that I only go on when I need something.I don't care about your ads and am NEVER and HAVE NEVER bought a product based on some ad on some website... they count on people's accidental clicks and it's ridiculous.

You'd think site traffic would in an of itself be a selling point, but apparently not because with all these ads surely some users are driven off certain websites entirely.

So far I have not run across an obnoxious ad on here so I'll leave the site whitelisted. If I do come across ANYTHING that pops up in the middle or bottom of the screen while I'm reading, I'm done with this website since I mostly use it for entertainment and it's non essential.

Last edited: