Advantages of being a SI?

efohnsoj

Jul 9, 2021
Hi, I am a 3-grade high school student in the US, will graduate in June!
Recently I encounter big trouble with my boyfriend.
He said he is going to take over his family business related to the security system integrator.
On the other hand, my father works in the bank.
He looks down on my boyfriend (especially his job).
He forces me to break up with him before graduating.
I personally thinks my dad has bad impression on SI, so I think maybe people here can provide some opinions for me to try to convince him.
Can someone share with me the advantages of being a SI? Much appreciated!

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Wrong approach. Your father should probably stay out of your shit, as you're an adult at this point. His concern should be who makes you happy, and healthy, not what they do for a living.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You're a liar. You've never set foot in the US, much less gone to school here. Start off by telling truth, state exactly what you want, and we'll go from there.
Yeah, come clean. Where the hell are you?

Feb 4, 2009
You're a liar. You've never set foot in the US, much less gone to school here. Start off by telling truth, state exactly what you want, and we'll go from there.

yeah everything about OPs statement sounds strange, even the word choices are strange.
What in the hell is a 3-grade high school student?

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
yeah everything about OPs statement sounds strange, even the word choices are strange.
What in the hell is a 3-grade high school student?

3 grade could be interpreted to be a junior.

Pretty sure third graders know June comes before July.

If the OP is indeed a junior, that means they still have senior year left and will graduate June (2022).

Definitely doesn't seem like US terminology, though.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Lots of school districts have gone to:

Grades 7, 8, 9 = Jr. High School
Grades 10, 11, 12 = High School

But I agree...nothing about the OP says American student...unless they're a recent immigrant.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

But I agree...nothing about the OP says American student...unless they're a recent immigrant.
Canadian, perhaps?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

My school system did this 30+ years ago .... had to do with too many 10-11-12th grade students for the HS building originally vs multiple JHS's.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Whoa
Canucks have clearly superior grammatical skills. They know the an SI from the a SI.
They're also masters of disguise and assimilation. DON'T TRUST OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!!!

Why else would they own a tank if they weren't planning to roll it South....eventually?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

in US, 3-grade student. number one. steady hand. one day, boyfriend get new job. i tell father. but, mistake! boyfriend job inferior. father very mad. i hide in new account, come to ATOT. no posts, no comments, no boyfriend. ATOT give me advice. now I have new boyfriend, american diploma, and happy father. ATOT save life. my big secret: i dumped old boyfriend on purpose. i good student. the best!

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
They're also masters of disguise and assimilation. DON'T TRUST OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!!!

Why else would they own a tank if they weren't planning to roll it South....eventually?

You have beaucoup de time to surrender. It's in my garage right now for upgrading. We can roll it south alright but just can't stop it .

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

They cannot escape their own mouths. To-more-row is a dead giveaway you are speaking with a Canadian of non-French ancestry.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
They cannot escape their own mouths. To-more-row is a dead giveaway you are speaking with a Canadian of non-French ancestry.
Right. If I travel back to France, I may wear a maple leaf shirt just to improve my dining experiences there...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You have beaucoup de time to surrender. It's in my garage right now for upgrading. We can roll it south alright but just can't stop it .

No worries ... the rubber band will fully unwind eventually! :p

2neaho.jpg

Reactions: Scarpozzi

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hi, I am a 3-grade high school student in the US, will graduate in June!
Recently I encounter big trouble with my boyfriend.
He said he is going to take over his family business related to the security system integrator.
On the other hand, my father works in the bank.
He looks down on my boyfriend (especially his job).
He forces me to break up with him before graduating.
I personally thinks my dad has bad impression on SI, so I think maybe people here can provide some opinions for me to try to convince him.
Can someone share with me the advantages of being a SI? Much appreciated!

Yeah.... nobody in the US talks like this. Where are you really from, and what scam do I need to complete to win the "free" iPod?

I really want that free iPod, mine died a long time ago and I miss it :(