Advanced settings with a Comcast DVR?

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by alevasseur14, Jun 20, 2007.

1. alevasseur14

alevasseur14 Golden Member

Hey everyone. I just moved on Monday and yesterday Comcast came out with a new DVR as my old one broke. I had my other one set up so that it would tune to the last channel it was one before it was shut off. I can't remember how I got it that way and can't figure it out for the life of me.

It's a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD and I know this setting can be changed. Anyone? Seeing the "Information Channel" makes me insane!!!

2. ultimatebob

ultimatebob Lifer

I called Comcast on about this exact same problem, and their official reply is that it can't be changed.

I'm not buying it that lame answer though, since I WAS able to change the default startup channel when I used this same cable box with my Adelphia cable service. Comcast must have removed that menu option with a firmware update.

3. CalvinHobbes

CalvinHobbes Diamond Member

4. ultimatebob

ultimatebob Lifer

I didn't see a solution in there, which is surprising considering how long that thread was!

5. Slick5150

Slick5150 Diamond Member

How is that box and which one did it replace? I have a Motorola box through Comcast that sucks horribly.