Question Adobe Photoshop: Automation script different for portrait/landscape?

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
Hello,

do you have any suggestion how to run automatically different script depending on if photo is horizontal or vertical oriented?

Thank you in advance,
Yuli

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
By script do you mean "Actions" in PhotoShop? If so, bring up the Action pallet, click on the hamburger menu and select "Insert Conditional".

There are a bunch of different conditions but the first one that comes up is "If document is landscape" then it gives you an option to run one script if "yes" or another script if "no".

-KeithP

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
By script do you mean "Actions" in PhotoShop? If so, bring up the Action pallet, click on the hamburger menu and select "Insert Conditional".

There are a bunch of different conditions but the first one that comes up is "If document is landscape" then it gives you an option to run one script if "yes" or another script if "no".

-KeithP
Thank you Keith, i found it. Sometime would be sure usefull to RTFM!

Reactions: KeithP

HisioBols

Sep 14, 2021
If you don't have that many you can do this manually by using Bridge filters. Although I believe it's not 100% accurate in filtering for example if a picture is square. I don't think that PS scripting will actually move files, but it will copy and eliminate duplicates. The Bridge script will give you the possibility to create Landscape, Portrait, and Square folders, but I'm afraid I don't have the said script right now... I have asked a friend to share it with me when he has the time. In the meantime, what kind of photography do you prefer the most? I've recently started focusing on flat lay photography, and since I'm a foodie, taking flat lay pics of the food became my new passion in no time!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY