Adobe Flash Player Update won't go away

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by jimmyj68, Jul 25, 2010.

1. jimmyj68

jimmyj68 Senior member

Every couple of minutes I get an update notice from Adobe about installing their flash player 10.1. The first time it happened a few days ago I attempted to carry through with the update. It aked me to to close IE so it could install - did and it gave an indication of completed process. Re-opened IE and a few minutes later the notice popped up again. Gave it a second chance because sometimes updates don't take the first time and on re-opening IE again I started recdeiving the update notice again every time I opened a new web page. Clicking no did no good because it just popped up again.

Finally went into Adobe to see what was going on and maybe find a way to stop the upgrade notices and discovered that the upgrade they were trying so hard to give me doesn't work on 64 bit systems - and they would tell me how to set my IE back to 32 bit so I could get their update. What??? I don't want to set my IE back to 32 bit. ---and they won't stop hounding me to update. How can I get this pop-up to go away????

2. Chiropteran

Chiropteran Diamond Member

Such addons don't exist for 64bit IE. You just need to use 32bit IE like everyone else, if you want to use flash.

3. jimmyj68

jimmyj68 Senior member

I need to know a way to stop the request for update that won't go away if I don't want to change my IE

4. Chiropteran

Chiropteran Diamond Member

Open IE 32, install update, then go back to using IE 64. You don't have to "change" your IE, by default windows 64 installs both versions.

5. zagood

zagood Diamond Member

6. REC

REC Member

You could try using a browser that doesn't fail in every benchmark possible. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera outperform the crap of IE, better support current standards, and set the curve for functionality.

IE is terrible. There is no arguing with this.