Adobe CS build

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

friend is building a new comp and wants input so i am asking you, AT fam. mostly Adobe CS for a pro artist and photog. some gaming as well but have a 1070 laying around. goal is 3-5 years without touching it though so plenty of ram is a must. the board seems a bit overkill to me as does the ram, though it may just be it needs to be caught on sale rather than retail. i've flogged our nearby microcenter to him.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
They probably would be just as happy with a $150 B550 motherboard (or a $170 X570 board). The power supply could be easily dropped down to a 650w unit as well (I'd also go with a RMx unit over the RM since they are practically the same price, and the RMx series are better) They can also save a decent amount on the RAM if they don't need RGB modules, as memory pricing has been very low for the last 6 months or so.

Outside of that, I'd wait a few hours and see what new CPUs AMD announces, and weigh the options between the current gen 3900X and whatever its replacement is. At a minimum, they could probably pick up a combo for a fair discount (it's what I did with my X470 motherboard and Ryzen 2700X) once the 3000 series were announced.

Reactions: ElFenix
Nov 20, 2009
I would caveat UsandThem with inquiring if your friend is planning on doing any video editing/remastering with Adobe CS. If so then those recommendations may need to be modified.

Reactions: ElFenix