Adjustable scroll wheel detents?

firebirdude

Sep 9, 2004
I'm currently using the Logitech G203. Some games I play use the wheel for both scrolling and clicking as a button. The issue is I sometimes click the wheel and it scrolls a notch forward or back, which completely bones me during fast gameplay. It happens multiple times a day. Infuriating.

So I was thinking I'd find a mouse with REALLY stout detents in the scroll wheel, making it harder for me to accidently scroll when I'm clicking. Ideally, I'd rather it be a wired mouse. I hate screwing around with batteries and the wire has never once bothered me.

During my Google and Reddit search, I saw some Logitechs mentioned. But the "hyperscrolling" feature seems exactly opposite of what I want? I also found the Razer Basilisk v2? That seems like it has what I'm looking for, no? Thoughts?
If someone were VERY familiar with many mice, I suppose a mouse with just stronger detents than the G203 might suffice too. The G203's are not light, but not "ca-chunk" strong either. lol

firebirdude

Sep 9, 2004
Just to update this thread. I ordered the Razer Basilisk v2. but it took forever to get to me because of snowmageddon. Been using it about 3 days now and I think it's going to work out for me. The scroll wheel adjustment on the bottom of the mouse works well. I will say that I have it all the way up, as tight and hard as it will allow the scroll wheel to be. I do wish I had the ability to at least try it a little harder still. But, they are very stout detents and seem to be doing the job. For the record, moving the adjustment to as soft and easy as possible yields results with zero detents. Very similar to Logitechs hyperscroll.

As for the mouse itself, obviously it has all kinds of tiny things you can play with in the Razor software. Far more than I really care about. I remapped the side buttons. I don't care about the RGB, but it's there. You can have up to 6 DPI settings, I think. There's two buttons on the mouse to scroll through those. Once only goes up in DPI, the other only goes down. Some mice only have one button and you have to kinda click a bunch to scroll through. So that might be nice for some. I personally rarely (never) change the DPI, so I don't care. There's also an optional DPI switch "paddle" that can be attached to the left side that can be hit with your thumb. Seems like a cool idea that might shave off a split second for professional users. Again, I don't use it. Good medium weight. Lightweight wire wrapped in cloth. Nice mouse.