Additional Domain Name Search

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
You know when you go to register.com and search for a domain name, it gives you 4 other .com's that are available that are similiar to your search.. Is there anywhere that gives you more examples than just 4?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
network solutions gives you usually about a dozen alternatives. I usually use them when searching for a name but I'd never use them for registering.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: NeoMadHatter
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Can anyone recommend a good web host? :p

of course you wouldn't know any:p

well after someone recommends a good reliable and affordable feature packed web host ... we should move onto digicams :)

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com

well after someone recommends a good reliable and affordable feature packed web host ... we should move onto digicams :)

yea, you should write some articles about webhosting/domainnames/digicams and have them put them on stickies on OT. maybe people will stop making threads..;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

yea, you should write some articles about webhosting/domainnames/digicams and have them put them on stickies on OT. maybe people will stop making threads..;)

Would never work, people never search or read.

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com

that's true. but a RossMAN seal of approval is vital to ATOT. especially for beginners. it's a shame people don't utilize the search feature.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

that's true. but a RossMAN seal of approval is vital to ATOT. especially for beginners. it's a shame people don't utilize the search feature.

Funny story.

I called an AT'er last night to give them some advice on getting web hosting.

I laughed when I used the phrase "RossMAN Seal of Approval" which means nothing because any web host can go out of business tomorrow.

Ok I said funny story, start laughing please :)

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com

Funny story.

I called an AT'er last night to give them some advice on getting web hosting.

I laughed when I used the phrase "RossMAN Seal of Approval" which means nothing because any web host can go out of business tomorrow.

Ok I said funny story, start laughing please :)

that is pretty funny. i signed up for the ones you gave approval for too. i'm probably going to end up changing hosting and domain registration when it's up next year though. i hear godaddy.com is supposedly better than namecheap.com and something about ICANN or something. i have no idea.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Yes GoDaddy.com is ICANN accredited which I wish NameCheap.com was but they are not.

Who is your current web host?

What's wrong with NameCheap and your current web host?

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
Yes GoDaddy.com is ICANN accredited which I wish NameCheap.com was but they are not.

Who is your current web host?

What's wrong with NameCheap and your current web host?

nothing wrong. i have the $5/yr ripplehost account for host and i just wanted ICANN accredited but it's not too big a deal cuz i don't see namecheap going down anytime soon.
i just have a feeling that if i ever get my website up i might need extra space. 100mb might not be enough for all the files that might get put up on it.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Ah ok that makes sense.

Eventually I'll probably get an eNom resellers account, if I can ever figure out what it is and why I need one.

That's a shame RippleHost raised their prices back up to $9.99/yr instead of $4.99/yr

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
yea, it is a shame, especially since the support isn't getting any better. but for that price it's as good as you can get. eNom doesn't seem all that impressive and it does cost a lot more than most. just out of curiousity, what are you using for your host for neffing.com and btw, that's an awesome gallery pichosting service you got going.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
yea, it is a shame, especially since the support isn't getting any better. but for that price it's as good as you can get. eNom doesn't seem all that impressive and it does cost a lot more than most. just out of curiousity, what are you using for your host for neffing.com and btw, that's an awesome gallery pichosting service you got going.

dathorn.com hosts Neffing.com it's fast, reliable and best of all affordable.

Why get single domain web hosting for $9.95/mo when for $13.50/mo you could have a RESELLERS account and host as many domains as you want?

As for the pichosting software, I like coppermine and it's free but I'm not to crazy about the layout.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Gallery 2 which will either replace coppermine or be added to Neffing.com

If you'd like I can walk you through installing coppermine on your RippleHost account? PM me your AIM or MSN, you can close registrations so people don't suck out all your bandwidth, should take about 9 minutes to install and get it running. It's good experience.

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
gallery 2 looks very interesting. i'm not looking to do pichosting on my website, but if it does ever come up i'll make sure i try getting a hold of you. dathorn.com is amazing for the affordability and what it offers. i'll probably end up switching to them when my ripplehost account ends next june. you do have a point on domain registration as you do have many. i however only have one and don't see myself getting more. well, at least not sometime soon. but yea, i see your point.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Found an AWESOME domain search engine that does exactly what I was looking for: Link

edit.. Sucks I cant link it

1) Search for something like "host"
2) Click See more names like this
3) Click Additional Results (click here for other variations)

that is exactly what I was looking for