Add speakers INSIDE computer tower?

seer88

Mar 22, 2018
A couple of months ago, I bought a Lenovo Thinkcentre tower for someone because they needed a replacement computer and this one was cheap. While I was installing Windows, I realized that there was a speaker behind a grille on the front of the tower. I thought that was really cool because it meant external speakers were not necessary. Now, I was wondering if it is possible to do that with my tower? I have a couple of little speakers with a connector on the wires that are similar to the ones you'd see on internal laptop speakers and thought it'd be cool to hook those up inside my case, for kicks and giggles. Obviously, the Thinkcentre motherboard was made with the internal speaker in mind and has the connectors for it right on the board, that my motherboard (Asus Z-170) doesn't have. Would there happen to exist a PCIe card for this type of thing, or is this just too stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:

seer88

Mar 22, 2018
External speakers will sound better.
I know, but I'm curious about doing this because I think it would be kind of cool and would come in hand if I don't have external speakers at some point for one reason or another. I'm not doing it because I think it would sound good

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
never thought about adding speakers to a case! I think I will have to take apart some small speakers and add then to a pair of drive bays, or mod a side panel to add them for better sound