Adam Sandler: funny or not?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

darkeneddays

Jan 10, 2002
For the most part I love all of his stuff. When I was younger my friends and I died over his first album(They're all going to laugh at you), mostly "Tollbooth Willy". As I grew older, the album wasn't as funny and his 2nd didn't ammuse me at all. His songs are horrible(With the exception of "A medium pace").

In his movies I like the spaz humor he has and the straight-face insults/sarcasm. I hate that fvckin baby-voice crap he does though. I like all his stuff from Gilmore and up(including Punch Drunk Love). Going Overboard is the worst movie I've ever had the misfortune to see. Billy Madison was pretty bad too, but had a few moments that made it alright. I agree that he needs to try to break the mold he has put himself into and come up with something different. PDL was a start. But IIRC pretty much all his movies since Gilmore have been a success at the BO, so I guess he figures he has a winning formula...why change it?

Still liked Chris Farley better though.... :( :( :(

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I have never liked him or his movies. The waterboy was ok because he was not trying to be funny. Someone else who was not funny was Krammer. George was.

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Staples
I have never liked him or his movies. The waterboy was ok because he was not trying to be funny. Someone else who was not funny was Krammer. George was.

WTF? Krammer is great. George isn't bad either, but you must bow down before the genious that is Michael Richards!

Krakerjak

Jul 23, 2001
Way back when his first cd came out I worshipped the guy. Hilarious.
He has slowly gone downhill since then. Mind you, I thought Anger Management was his funniest work in quite a while.

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Staples

HOLY FVCK!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT, LALALALALLALALALA! YOU ARE AN IDIOT, LALALALALALALLALA!

Don't mess with Kramer. Best of all times.

KRAMER = your, her, his, my, our, their GOD.

THAT ALL.

Yes you heard it right. Cosmo owns you.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Oops i meant option 3, but I picked one. He used to be funny. He's utterly worthless now and has been since happy gilmour. His movies are thoroughly boring and unfunny.

His original cd or two were drop dead funny, and then he just went down the tubes.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Kramer ruined Seinfeld for me.

as far as Sandler goes... he was pretty funny on SNL. His movies have all been pretty bad, though.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481

as far as Sandler goes... he was pretty funny on SNL. His movies have all been pretty bad, though.

jerry ruined seinfeld for me, kramer was ok...loved george'; adamn sandler is so so

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: JackDawkins
Not funny. I can't think I've ever actually laughed at anything I've seen or heard him do.

Ever listen to his CDs?

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Not only is Adam Sandler hilarious but so are the singing spongemonkies on the Quizsnos Sub commercials!

Somehow, I think there is a direct coordination between the Spongemonkies and who thinks that Adam Sandler is funny.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481

Yay, someone agrees with me on both points.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: d3n
Not only is Adam Sandler hilarious but so are the singing spongemonkies on the Quizsnos Sub commercials!

Somehow, I think there is a direct coordination between the Spongemonkies and who thinks that Adam Sandler is funny.

I like the spongemonkies. I don't like Sandler.

Hypothesis disproven.