Adam Sandler: funny or not?

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
want to get a general consensus around here, I was listening to his CD (They're all going to laugh at you) and it was not funny at all.

waht do you guys think? funny or not?

JonnyStarks

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2003
Depends on the age group.
I loved his CD 4-5 years ago, thought it was the funniest thing in the world (The Peeper).
His movies are alright, but he always seems to play basically the same character.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Mostly hit and miss. His stuff was funniest when I was a teenager, around fifteen. His movies are all so bloody similar there's little point in watching more than one.

Let's see; Sandler plays a slacker-loser who loses his job/girl. He's surrounded by an assemble cast of odd-ball friends, specifically Allen Covert, Steve Buscemi, and Rob Schneider who encourage him to get it together. In his pursuit of improvement he meets and falls in love with a likeable female lead, often played by Drew Barrymore. Sandler spends much of the movie fighting the "establishment," proving nice guys don't finish last, and the little guy can make a difference, all the while losing his temper. Everything wraps up neatly in 90 minutes.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: brigden
Mostly hit and miss. His stuff was funniest when I was a teenager, around fifteen. His movies are all so bloody similar there's little point in watching more than one.

Let's see; Sandler plays a slacker-loser who loses his job/girl. He's surrounded by an assemble cast of odd-ball friends, specifically Allen Covert, Steve Buscemi, and Rob Schneider who encourage him to get it together. In his pursuit of improvement he meets and falls in love with a likeable female lead, often played by Drew Barrymore. Sandler spends much of the movie fighting the "establishment," proving nice guys don't finish last, and the little guy can make a difference, all the while losing his temper. Everything wraps up neatly in 90 minutes.

Good review.

I always feel he limits himself. His talent level is above the rolls he plays.