Acura EL 1.6

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Glorified Civic but otherwise nice.

Well, I would like a civic, but everyone I know and their dog has one of those.

Considering that I live in winnipeg (flipping cold) the remote start and heated leather seats are a very nice touch.

I understand that I am paying more for the 'A' infront rather than the 'H'. But i'm cool with that.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
it might not be such a great idea to buy this considering a new civic will be out in a couple months.

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Originally posted by: OS
it might not be such a great idea to buy this considering a new civic will be out in a couple months.

Will that put the price of this Acura down, or the price of other civics down?

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Cawchy87
Originally posted by: OS

Will that put the price of this Acura down, or the price of other civics down?

Since the EL is nothing but a spitpolished civic, it may mean that the EL is also getting a new design. However I'm not familiar with the canadian market so who knows.

If nothing else, it means you can at least get a new design civic. The engines in the current civics are D series, this family is old and has been in production for almost 20 years. The new civics are getting ground up new engines and the rest of the car is redesigned.

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Well, I am looking for a car that looks and feels like a luxury car but is good on gas and ~10,000. I would say that is my absalute max for what I am looking for (not a racing car, just something nice).

I won't be able to buy a new car until I am graduated. I would like one that does everything I would like it to for 4-5 years and then I'll sell it and buy a nicer car.

I am curious about the reliablity of the car etc. Would you happen to know anything about that?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
spending $10G on a USED car?? i dont know about that
i would rather put that down on a nice brand new car :)

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: CtK

Remember - it's Canadian :p

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: CtK

Remember - it's Canadian :p

Right on. For 10 grand I might be able to find a 2003-2004 sunfire off lease... mabye new. But I don't want a sunfire :p