Actual free android unlocking software? (not download free then pay $30+

ATC9001

Apr 14, 2002
So my uncle in law? not sure if that's a thing, gave my wife his old phone and he doesn't remember how to get into it. It's a cheap $30-40 LG solo tracfone...but I was going to wipe it and use it for a netflix/youtube phone for our kids. I found a bunch of software that unlocks android screens but they all download for free say they can do it and want $30+ to unlock. For the money I can buy a new one....is there any easy or actual free way to unlock or factory reset one of these phones?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
So my uncle in law? not sure if that's a thing, gave my wife his old phone and he doesn't remember how to get into it. It's a cheap $30-40 LG solo tracfone...but I was going to wipe it and use it for a netflix/youtube phone for our kids. I found a bunch of software that unlocks android screens but they all download for free say they can do it and want $30+ to unlock. For the money I can buy a new one....is there any easy or actual free way to unlock or factory reset one of these phones?
at first i thought you wanted to use it on another carrier, now im a little confused you want to hard reset it?

Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed

if you want to unlock to a different carrier then you need to change the fw possibly and xda forums has loads of guides and files, if it was me i would put a few bux to a nice phone and just hard reset it for the kids to play with as a tablet (but firetablets would blow them away for 45$)

Reactions: Steltek