Actor Robert Blake, who was acquitted of wife’s murder, dies at 89

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Actor Robert Blake who was acquitted of wife’s murder dies at 89.png
Robert Blake — an award-winning actor best known for starring in 1970s television dramas before his trial for murdering his wife captured national attention — has died at his Los Angeles home, according to his family. He was 89.
He “passed away peacefully surrounded by family by his side,” his niece, Noreen Austin, said in a statement Thursday. The cause of his death was heart disease, Austin said.
Blake’s most prominent role was playing the savvy New York City undercover detective fond of disguises, Tony Baretta, who carried a pet cockatoo on his shoulder, in the “Baretta” cop series that ran on ABC from 1975 to 1978. This role earned him an Emmy award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1975 and a Golden Globe Award in 1976.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Seemed fairly straight forward and heavily incriminating for Blake until you get to the involvement of Christian Brando then things become potentially Tarantino-ish. Edit: I don't mean the film, I've never seen it. Just referring to the case as I've read about it.

stargazr

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2010
I remember him from the 70's TV series Baretta. Cool show for back then, with his pet bird. And way before that he was one of the Little Rascals in Our Gang. He turned out to be a pretty strange dude. RIP