Acronis True Image can create bootable USB drives

mc866

Golden Member
Dec 15, 2005
For the most part Acronis True image is highly regarded on this forum and I try and pimp it any time I get a chance because I've had such good luck with it. Anyway I'm not sure how many of you know this but I just found out this weekend that you can create a bootable USB drive using the create bootable media menu option. I found this very handy this weekend when I was working on cloning a laptop that had a bad dvd drive so I wasn't able to boot to CD/DVD. You just have to make sure you format your USB drive to FAT.

Just wanted to point this out because I don't believe it has been discussed as a benefit of this program lately though True Image is discussed quite regularly. Also on the USB drive I was also able to configure the boot to Acronis Disc Director which I also own, pretty handy stuff :p

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
That is great I am glad you found out this weekend. thanks for head up.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I learned that about a year ago when travelling with my new Thinkpad. IOt has a removeable optical drive that can be replaced with a carrier for a second HDD. This enables cloning a reserve drive for the laptop, but in order to do that, I had to have a USB boot device.

I found that was one of the options for creating a bootable Acronis "Rescue Media." One caveat - the USB flash device should be in FAT32 format.

Anyway, it works like a charm, and I carry that dedicated Lexar Firefly in my laptop bag. A great tool!

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
really? this thread is 10 years old... a google search on this would have been quicker than bumping this ancient post.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
All of the steps are provided when you buy the package. Nothing new here.

boboter

Aug 28, 2018
If I don't get any replies (Answers), I'll create a new thread again on this forum.
how did you create a bootable usb drives ? could you give me some detailed hints or steps?
Create a new thread so that you can get more suggestions .