ACLU Monitors Minutemen on the Border

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amplifier

Banned
Dec 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Zebo
Yes I agree and with your last post.. independant monitoring to protect civil liberties is always a good thing. Don't even know where the pin head OP and his ilk is coming from. Well i do they want phalynx turrets set up to make a grease spot of anyone crossing the border but midlight lynchings will have to do for now. Damn ACLU getting in the way.

Every post has someone making personal insults. Blows my mind.

A> I think it's ok for the Minutemen to patrol the borders. The ACLU shouldn't get in the way.
B> Some of these people could be extremely racist and using this as an excuse to hurt Mexicans.
A> They still have a right to patrol the border as long as they don't overstep their bounds.
B> Agreed, but the ACLU will be there to insure that doesn't happen.
A> In that case I guess I don't mind the ACLU being involved.

Alot nicer than bringing up non sequiturs and calling people names.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Amplifier
Originally posted by: Zebo
Yes I agree and with your last post.. independant monitoring to protect civil liberties is always a good thing. Don't even know where the pin head OP and his ilk is coming from. Well i do they want phalynx turrets set up to make a grease spot of anyone crossing the border but midlight lynchings will have to do for now. Damn ACLU getting in the way.

Every post has someone making personal insults. Blows my mind.

A> I think it's ok for the Minutemen to patrol the borders. The ACLU shouldn't get in the way.
B> Some of these people could be extremely racist and using this as an excuse to hurt Mexicans.
A> They still have a right to patrol the border as long as they don't overstep their bounds.
B> Agreed, but the ACLU will be there to insure that doesn't happen.
A> In that case I guess I don't mind the ACLU being involved.

Alot nicer than bringing up non sequiturs and calling people names.

Hmm, I'm fairly sure I didn't engage in any name calling. And I am also fairly sure I brought up the exact argument you just claimed was a lot nicer alternative. Instead of complaining about name-calling (which certainly won't stop it), you COULD just reply to the decent posts instead.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I think everyone is getting worked up for nothing, there hasn't been any evidence displayed that what the ACLU doing is wrong by any means...

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Tab
I think everyone is getting worked up for nothing, there hasn't been any evidence displayed that what the ACLU doing is wrong by any means...

It depends on what you mean by "wrong". As in many situations involving the ACLU, their critics are complaining that they are doing ANYTHING to monitor, restrict, question, or otherwise limit the actions of a group of people who claim to be defending the US from some bad thing. In other words, it makes no difference WHAT the ACLU is doing on the border, the fact that they feel the need to be involved at all is offensive to certain people.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by: bayou
Your link to wikipedia is for the AMERICAS. Again you are wrong. Do people from Canada identify themselves as Americans? Do Hondurans or Mexicans? No!

The illegals are not citizens of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA. What planet are you from? Get a life. You would be an excellent cabinet member of the mcowen administration.

LOL you make me laugh...so what would you call someone who is FROM the AMERICAS???!!!!! you idiot!!! and im not saying that illegals are citizens of the US, moron... im just saying that people from the US are not the only Americans, its everyone that LIVES in the AMERICAS...where you went to school for God's sake, this is basic stuff here.... :disgust: