Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop - $320 upgradeable laptop

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Anyone have one of these?
From what I've read, the positives include decent performance and easy to upgrade both RAM and the m2, plus there's an empty slot for normal 2.5 SSD.

The downside that's keeping me from pulling the trigger is the seemingly dim screen.

Anyone with one of these ( either the AMD or Intel variant) have anything to add?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Anyone have one of these?
From what I've read, the positives include decent performance and easy to upgrade both RAM and the m2, plus there's an empty slot for normal 2.5 SSD.

The downside that's keeping me from pulling the trigger is the seemingly dim screen.

Anyone with one of these ( either the AMD or Intel variant) have anything to add?
it has full hd ips? 3500u? id say get it. tough to say yes it is not a bright screen and others have double the brightness for similar price, but 300$ is very low price and not much can be expected.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
it has full hd ips? 3500u? id say get it. tough to say yes it is not a bright screen and others have double the brightness for similar price, but 300$ is very low price and not much can be expected.
I want that laptop. I will hook up my laptop to a 23 inch Asus PA238 IPS monitor. Looks much better than viewing from laptop.