Accociated Press Votes Entertainer of the Year

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Taylor Swift voted AP entertainer of the year.

Really? what did she do that makes her so important?

I can agree she has catchy songs, but they are almost all cliche, and not to mention shes horrible at singing live.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Lady GaGa is more talented and beautiful in every imaginable way. There is simply no comparison. Everyone knows this.

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Frank Sinatra
Elvis Presley
Michael Jackson

Those three are the ones who are in a class above everybody else. Yearly award recipients are merely place holders until another true icon comes along.

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Still though, this year it shouldve probably been Jay-z ( although i don't enjoy his music that much =/). Empire state of Mind has been up on the charts for what? 6months?

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004

I can agree she has catchy songs, but they are almost all cliche, and not to mention shes horrible at singing live.

She's incredibly popular and pretty talented to boot.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
She fills the wholesome-teen-girl-niche in American pop culture. The one Miley Cyrus has recently (or so it seems) vacated.

/shrug

Mar 11, 2004

You do realize the key demographic is teen girls, right? Taylor Swift happened to appeal to both the conservative midwest girls and was poppy enough to get attention elsewhere.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
We need to separate the teenage demographic when making proclamations like this. Teenagers will lap up whatever pap the industry feeds them.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Frank Sinatra
Elvis Presley
Michael Jackson

Those three are the ones who are in a class above everybody else. Yearly award recipients are merely place holders until another true icon comes along.

your three should be four, including Madonna.

but none of those four topped the Beatles which are numero uno.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
I thought Taylor Swift was a male... That shows my level of interest in today's music business