ACA In Kentucky & Arkansas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, Conservative Powerhouse Texas has about 25% of its population uninsured, more than twice that of Liberal Paradise California.

I am very confident that number is highly correlated with a state's illegal immigrant population.

More than twice? Check your math.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I have yet to see anything legitimate that counters all the good ACA has provided - this thread is yet another example. Since you are already two posts in and all you've commented one dumb 1 sentence.

You are shooting the messenger, because you have NOTHING on the message itself. Typical response; discredit and dismiss.

Uhh. No one's demonstrated the good yet.

We know coverage is at the same level it was before the recession, not more.

We know more people than ever before, albeit only a small margin, are delaying medical care because they can't afford it. Higher deductibles?

If you look at the chart you linked all but one of those states with increased HI has expanded Medicaid coverage. What kind of buffoon brags about people accepting free goodies (paid for by others)? Seriously?

Geez, give it a rest.

Fern

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You mean the same california that now covers about half of the previously uninsured? Or are you talking about the california who has the largest population of illegal immigrants (which aren't covered by the ACA)?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5634010

Retarded righty thinking- if the problem ain't fixed immediately then then the solution doesn't work!

Keep on being stupid! Your new look fits you well;)

http://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000845

21.6 to 15.3 is half?

Are Democrats bad at math as a rule, or is that just you and eskimospy?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I thought this was pretty funny:

In Kentucky, a new Marist poll conducted for NBC News finds that 57 percent of registered voters have an unfavorable view of “Obamacare,” the shorthand commonly used to label the 2010 Affordable Care Act. That’s compared with only 33 percent who give it a thumbs up

By comparison, when Kentucky voters were asked to give their impression of "kynect," the state exchange created as a result of the health care law, the picture was quite different.

A plurality – 29 percent – said they have a favorable impression of kynect, compared to 22 percent who said they view the system unfavorably.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polling-obamacare-label-makes-big-difference-n102861

What's funny about that?

Fewer people approve of "kynect' than Obamacare? Fewer people disapprove of "kynect" than Obamacare?

What I see is that relatively fewer people are even aware of what kynect is.

Fern

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Pointing out your stupidity is butthurt now?

Ah I see, you've embraced your inner troll.

Troll on idiot!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Uhh. No one's demonstrated the good yet.

We know coverage is at the same level it was before the recession, not more.

You sure about that?

1-ppp0dw-koqxiy_iobspg.png

We know more people than ever before, albeit only a small margin, are delaying medical care because they can't afford it. Higher deductibles?

If you look at the chart you linked all but one of those states with increased HI has expanded Medicaid coverage. What kind of buffoon brags about people accepting free goodies (paid for by others)? Seriously?

Geez, give it a rest.

Fern

One of the primary goals of the ACA was to expand medical coverage to those who could not otherwise afford it, which is a goal I would hope everyone shares.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What's funny about that?

Fewer people approve of "kynect' than Obamacare? Fewer people disapprove of "kynect" than Obamacare?

What I see is that relatively fewer people are even aware of what kynect is.

Fern

Kynect has a substantial net positive approval rating.

Obamacare has a substantial net negative approval rating.

Kynect and systems like it are the single largest part of Obamacare, and represent the part of the law that has the most negative polling.

ie: unless you can show some sort of reason why those who are unaware of what kynect is are disproportionately likely to disapprove of the ACA it's displaying that a considerable portion of the opposition to the ACA comes from conservative tribalism.

I'm pretty sure if you're honest with yourself you didn't need that poll to tell you that though.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
21.6 to 15.3 is half?

Are Democrats bad at math as a rule, or is that just you and eskimospy?

Yeah your math sucks just like your reading comprehension.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hea...ured-california-obamacare-20140709-story.html

I don't know if you are just getting older and more senile or if you are on some new meds but your level of stupidity seems to be increasing. You might want to get it checked out, luckily for you you are now covered under the ACA;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I looked at the wrong line in the chart, my mistake! California is still way way lower than Texas though.

He quoted me so I'm assuming he was referring to the claim of, "about half of unisured Californians are now insured".

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah your math sucks just like your reading comprehension.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hea...ured-california-obamacare-20140709-story.html

I don't know if you are just getting older and more senile or if you are on some new meds but your level of stupidity seems to be increasing. You might want to get it checked out, luckily for you you are now covered under the ACA;)

Apparently when the OP doesn't support your argument, keep pulling different numbers out of your ass until one sticks.

Don't worry, now that poor stupid people like you can get insurance, you can find a proctologist to extract your head from your anus, so it doesn't hurt as much when you pull those numbers out of it. ;)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You linked an article who's only chart on the percentage of uninsured ended in 2013, before the main coverage parts of the ACA went into effect.

8488-02-figure-1.png

It's 2015. As demonstrated earlier in this thread I'm not always the best at math, but as far as I can tell 12.9% is lower than 16.6%. Like, a lot lower.

For some reason our friends on the right, like fern and doc seem to have problems identifying flaws in the charts they post.

I have my theories:
http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/10/01/a-history-of-dishonest-fox-charts/190225

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You linked an article who's only chart on the percentage of uninsured ended in 2013, before the main coverage parts of the ACA went into effect.

8488-02-figure-1.png

It's 2015. As demonstrated earlier in this thread I'm not always the best at math, but as far as I can tell 12.9% is lower than 16.6%. Like, a lot lower.

Check your link. Looks like the same chart in my link. I.e., I'm not seeing any 12.9%

Fern

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Apparently when the OP doesn't support your argument, keep pulling different numbers out of your ass until one sticks.

Don't worry, now that poor stupid people like you can get insurance, you can find a proctologist to extract your head from your anus, so it doesn't hurt as much when you pull those numbers out of it. ;)

Lol! Says the guy the deflected the OP's point to bring up another state (of which I addressed)! You seem to know some good "head from anus" doctors, perhaps it's time you visit one!

Lol! Fucking troll!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Check your link. Looks like the same chart in my link. I.e., I'm not seeing any 12.9%

Fern

You don't see the difference between the chart you posted and the chart he posted?

8488-02-figure-1.png

1-ppp0dw-koqxiy_iobspg.png

Not surprising...

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Yeah, Conservative Powerhouse Texas has about 25% of its population uninsured, more than twice that of Liberal Paradise California.

I am very confident that number is highly correlated with a state's illegal immigrant population.

Turns out upon further investigation the two are almost entirely unrelated so I certainly eat crow there ;) And yeah california is doing much better with a much higher % of illegal immigrants as well, which is really quite impressive.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No. His link isn't to Gallup, it's to KFF.

Fern

I have no idea what you're talking about. My link clearly shows 12.9%. The more recent chart comes from YOUR link, and it was not a useful one as it ended in 2013.

What you said earlier about the rates being similar to before the recession was simply really wrong.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I copied the link directly from his post so I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. None of his posts include a link to kff.

This is the address as it appears to me in his post #37:

I just copied and pasted it from his post as if I were copying text.

Now your post has a completely different link in it. That's how I could see the Gallup address.

What are other people seeing in Eski's post #37?

Fern

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is the address as it appears to me in his post #37:

I just copied and pasted it from his post as if I were copying text.

Now your post has a completely different link in it. That's how I could see the Gallup address.

What are other people seeing in Eski's post #37?

Fern

Are you having a stroke? Kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com is not the same as kff.org.

Original source of image:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/180425/uninsured-rate-sinks.aspx

Last edited: