ABXZone.com plagarizing AnandTech article? edit-Nope! Same author for both articles.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was browing around looking at reviews of the DFI LanParty NFII Ultra rev A board I just purchased and came across this article on ABXZone.com. As I read the article certain phrases seemed very familiar. So I went back to the AnandTech archives and found Wesley Fink's review. Lo and behold, it was the article I'd found so familiar.

Here's an example:

AnandTech - DFI is not exactly a brand name that you will instantly recognize, and this is a problem for DFI. As one of the largest board makers, most still do not recognize the DFI name. That is probably because DFI caters to the OEM market, which means they make boards for other companies. Recently, DFI has made the marketing decision to pursue the 'Enthusiast' market under their own brand name, most likely to add credibility ? and sales ? to their entire Motherboard line. The top-end of this effort is called the LanParty series, and DFI has poured everything into these packages that a gaming enthusiast might desire.

ABXZone - Many are surprised to learn that DFI is one of the largest board makers in the world - much larger than more familiar names like Abit. That is probably because DFI caters to the OEM market, which means they make boards for other companies. Recently, DFI has made the marketing decision to pursue the ''Enthusiast'' market under their own brand name, most likely to add credibility - and sales - to their entire Motherboard line. The top-end of this effort is called the LanParty series - and DFI has poured everything into these packages that a gaming enthusiast might wish for.

AnandTech - If you are looking for an AMD Athlon motherboard, the DFI NFII Ultra LanParty is without equal. For the gaming, case-modding, or LAN Party enthusiast, there is no Athlon motherboard that we have tested which comes close to the package provided by the DFI NFII Ultra LanParty. For those building with the popular side-window cases, the glow-under-black-light UV-reactive slots and cables make the NFII stand out from the competition. The multitude of cables and adapters that come stock with the NFII provide all the game, USB, firewire, sound, and front I/O ports any gamer could want.

DFI has clearly succeeded in putting together a package that will excite many target groups. The NFII Ultra succeeds on many fronts, and will please many buyers. It's a unique board in a unique package with top-notch performance, and tweaking options to make any enthusiast drool. With all of the accessories and options in the package, at its current price, it is also a GREAT value.

ABXZone - For the gaming, case-modding, or Lan Party enthusiast the DFI NFII LanParty is without equal. The glow-under-black-light UV-reactive slots and cables make it something to look at in a window case. The PC-Transpo harness, dual-LAN connections more than meet the needs of the LanParty enthusiast. The multitude of cables and adapters that come STOCK with the NFII provide all the game, USB, firewire, sound, and front I/O ports any gamer could want. DFI has clearly succeeded in putting together a package that will excite ALL these target groups.

The DFI NFII succeeds on many fronts, and will please many buyers. It''s a unique board in a unique package with top-notch performance, and tweaking options to make any enthusiast drool. With all of the accessories and options in the package, at its current price of around $150 to $160, it is also a GREAT value.
The DFI is the best nForce2 board we have tested.

There is no mention that parts of the article were copied from AnandTech but yet they have a link to their forums in which they mention Wesley as a Senior Editor at AnandTech.

What gives?

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
well if that guy works for both websites and he wrote the original article he has the right to paraphrase it if he so choses

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: franguinho
well if that guy works for both websites and he wrote the original article he has the right to paraphrase it if he so choses
Creig really should fix the inflammatory thread title and update the first post -- if you look it up, the ABXZone.com author "prometheus" = Wesley Fink, the author of the AnandTech article.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Originally posted by: franguinho
Creig really should fix the inflammatory thread title and update the first post -- if you look it up, the ABXZone.com author "prometheus" = Wesley Fink, the author of the AnandTech article.
pwnage.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks to DaveSimmons for clearing it up. Just happened to come across it and wanted to ensure that the hard work done by the AnandTech staff wasn't unfairly taken advantage of. Titled edited.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Creig
Thanks to DaveSimmons for clearing it up. Just happened to come across it and wanted to ensure that the hard work done by the AnandTech staff wasn't unfairly taken advantage of. Titled edited.
Just FYI I wasn't trying to "pwn" you, just trying to head off anyone reaching for their lynchin' ropes or switching their cluster from SETI to DDOS attack mode :)