Absolutely Outrageous: Terrorist Suporter Howard Dean takes Flack for his Ill Informed Comments on Middle East

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
From Washingtonpost.com

"Howard Dean came under fire yesterday from two rivals for the Democratic nomination for saying the United States should not "take sides" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. "

"In an interview, Dean sought to clarify his statement but did not back down from his belief that the United State cannot negotiate peace unless it is seen as a neutral party in the region. "Israel has always been a longtime ally with a special relationship with the United States, but if we are going to bargain by being in the middle of the negotiations then we are going to have to take an evenhanded role," he said. "

Absolutely outrageous. What kind of crack is he smoking, our current policy of support for Israel is working damn well.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
obviously he's not smoking that neocon smack that you guys are.

and don't call dean a terrorist unless you're ready to admit bush is one also

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
My God, if this man is elected and we take a more evenhanded approach to this conflict and negotiating a settlement...the consequences could be enormous. I can't even imaging the terrorism and antipathy that would bring us from the Arab world.

AL QAEDA will have an enormous new recruiting tool if we are seen as more neutral.

DEAN MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS KIND OF STATEMENT CROSSES ALL RED LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
obviously he's not smoking that neocon smack that you guys are.

and don't call dean a terrorist unless you're ready to admit bush is one also

a. he called him a terrorist supporter
b. both of his posts are tongue-in-cheek, so you will have to wait to commence your inevitable bush-bashing

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Dean wants our elderly to work until age 70, too...demand justice for our parents, grandmothers and fathers!

That's not really unreasonable as people live longer. Most of the developed world has the problem of aging populations and too early retirement ages.

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dean wants our elderly to work until age 70, too...demand justice for our parents, grandmothers and fathers!

That one has always bugged me. It was meant as a safety net, not a retirement plan.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

That's not really unreasonable as people live longer. Most of the developed world has the problem of aging populations and too early retirement ages.

If you say so; I'm working until my early retirement age of 57, then Dean can withhold MY money I contributed to the 'cause' until I am 70 if he wants...but I truly for sorry for those who are at aged 61 right now and ready to enjoy the best years of their lives...Arbeit Mach Frei!

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Dean is a microcasm of the dems running for office all domestic issues and uninformed or just doesn't understand this is a global cummuninty we live in. He would need a Dream Team of foreign policy experts even more than Bush (almost isn't possible it seems i.e. Powell, Rice) before he gets ellected. Well he'd have to leak his picks to the press that is... :p

Dean is just silly I hope he gets the nod.

not really He's a punk that is inviting terrorists in.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

If you say so; I'm working until my early retirement age of 57, then Dean can withhold MY money I contributed to the 'cause' until I am 70 if he wants...but I truly for sorry for those who are at aged 61 right now and ready to enjoy the best years of their lives...Arbeit Mach Frei!

And Bush plan for saving social security is? Let me guess, personal savings accounts?

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool

And Bush plan for saving social security is? Let me guess, personal savings accounts?
As I've said before, SS should never have needed saving, as it was intended as a safety net, not a government backed retirement plan for everybody. People hitting 65-70 should have done their own retirement planning a long time ago.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: amok

As I've said before, SS should never have needed saving, as it was intended as a safety net, not a government backed retirement plan for everybody. People hitting 65-70 should have done their own retirement planning a long time ago.

And if they didn't? What's a safety net for?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: amok

And if they didn't? What's a safety net for?

Well if I go out and get hit by a car and am disbaled for the rest of my life, I will get SS. things like that are a big benefit of SS. Add in survivors benifits etc. and it helps a lot of people. It is a saftey net, not a retirement plan.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Distinction without a difference. If people don't have retirement plan, they get the SS safety net.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Hillary will jump in and F##K you all up!

Hillary will only jump in if Al Gore jumps in. The two of them only have 50 more days to decide to run or not. Should be an interesting 2 months of politics.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I don't think Gore will run. I think the recount broke his will to run again. I think Hillary won't run this cycle, but I also don't think she will try to undermine the Democrat challenger in 2004 to have an open seat in 2008. I think she realizes that this country cannot afford 4 more years of Bush.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

I thought it was 401Ks heavily invested in corrupt corporations? No?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Hey galt. Maybe you should work until you pay for that free doctorate. You welfare case.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Why the hell should we care about Israel or the Palestinians.. oh that's right I forgot about the Jews influence on our politcal system...
yawn

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
He would need a Dream Team of foreign policy experts even more than Bush
LOL. Bushes Dream Team while looking good on paper, seemed to have fumbled the ball on numerous occasions. I guess they started to believe themselves all the over blown praises heaped upon them.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I think we should drop out. They are both total assholes. Isreali goes on patrol and end up destroying a olive vines, which take a extremely long time to grow. Then Palestine sends in suicide bombers to kill innocent people. The only problem is you withdraw support and isreal can use any methods they want to remove the palestinian problem.

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
Why the hell should we care about Israel or the Palestinians.. oh that's right I forgot about the Jews influence on our politcal system...
yawn

where did that come from? does your terets syndrom cause you to utter random jewish conspiracy theories?