ABS Majesty 1100W 80plus Gold PSU - $180 Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

NACZ3

May 2, 2002
Specs aren't everything. This is not a good PSU from this HardOCP review. It failed their test plus other issues. I'd pass on this one:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/01/22/abs_majesty_mj1100m_1100w_power_supply_review/

The list was $270 when they reviewed it but even at the sale price, I'd recommend something else:

"The Bottom Line

The ABS Majesty 1100W is supposed to be the new crown for the ABS Gaming Labs branded power supply line. However, while sporting very good voltage regulation, a very low noise profile, generally very good efficiency, and a good build quality we find that the new crown is tarnished and broken. The DC Output Quality of the ABS Majesty 1100W is quite simply awful at full load, and so far out of specification that it leads us to believe that this ATNG platform is really being pushed beyond its limits especially if this unit really is supposed to be rated at 50C. There are a number of platforms such as the CWT PUC that are noisy in regards to the DC Output Quality in this range, but as yet we have seen none that were nearly as bad as this unit. Typically, these kinds of results have only been seen on lowly bargain basement units of dubious origins, and with this unit priced at $269.99 we can't really call this a "bargain" unit of any type. If you want to pay $270 for a good 800 watt PSU, the this ABS 1100 watt unit fits the bill."

Last edited:

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
^ hmm...i wonder how many owners are actually being affected by this unit's "less than stellar" DC output quality, let alone drawing a full load on their 1100W PSU's, causing the DC output problems in the first place. granted, there's no point in buying an 1100W PSU if you only need say ~700W. but i'm guessing that most owners are not utilizing all 1100 watts regularly, or else the majority of reviews for this product on newegg wouldn't have 4 or 5 stars...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Specs aren't everything. This is not a good PSU from this HardOCP review. It failed their test plus other issues. I'd pass on this one:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/01/22/abs_majesty_mj1100m_1100w_power_supply_review/

The list was $270 when they reviewed it but even at the sale price, I'd recommend something else:

"The Bottom Line

The ABS Majesty 1100W is supposed to be the new crown for the ABS Gaming Labs branded power supply line. However, while sporting very good voltage regulation, a very low noise profile, generally very good efficiency, and a good build quality we find that the new crown is tarnished and broken. The DC Output Quality of the ABS Majesty 1100W is quite simply awful at full load, and so far out of specification that it leads us to believe that this ATNG platform is really being pushed beyond its limits especially if this unit really is supposed to be rated at 50C. There are a number of platforms such as the CWT PUC that are noisy in regards to the DC Output Quality in this range, but as yet we have seen none that were nearly as bad as this unit. Typically, these kinds of results have only been seen on lowly bargain basement units of dubious origins, and with this unit priced at $269.99 we can't really call this a "bargain" unit of any type. If you want to pay $270 for a good 800 watt PSU, the this ABS 1100 watt unit fits the bill."

That doesn't sound so good. Sorry folks, thought it was a good deal.

In the past, I picked up an ABS 1050W Silver PSU for $130, was supposedly a rebadge of Enermax Revolution 85+, except single-rail. The Enermax version got high marks from JG. I thought that this PSU was in the same vein, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.