Abruptly asking a girl out, good or bad idea?

Scrooge2

Jul 18, 2000
Okay, girl i know, shes cute, good natured, single. We're acquaintances, barely know each other's name in school. Would it be kinda wierd if i asked her out to get to know her better? Especially i school where where a date is far too exageratted? Im basically at the point in my life im tired of dealing with the games and the crap girls give me. Just wanna date like adult people. Any comments?

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
I think it would be best to get to know her a little more first. For all she knows, you could be a rapist stalker.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
It might be a little bit weird, perhaps you should try talking to her more first? Casual conversation in the halls? A study date?

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
how would you get to know her better without doing stuff with her? it's a catch22.

Scrooge2

Jul 18, 2000
No, I'm just saying, dates ought to be basically a chance for 2 ppl to get to know each other right? So asking for a date IS like getting to know her right? Or am i wrong?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
A study date is a great idea in this case... but YOU wouldn't be studying from books...

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001

<< I think it would be best to get to know her a little more first. For all she knows, you could be a rapist stalker. >>

For all he knows, SHE could be a rapist stalker :Q;):p

Scrooge2

Jul 18, 2000
Woah, elaborate how you ask one out as a friend? Im unfamiliar with this concept...

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I think your chances of getting turned down go up if you're that abrupt. "Getting together" after class or a study session for ice cream, coffee, something like that gives you a chance to get to know her a little, get familiar, before actually asking her out. So just say you're going for coffee (or whatever) and invite her to go with you. Let her pay for herself there, BTW.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Just hang out first, not really a date, more of a get to know you thing. bah I know dates are supposed to be that but o well idk. :)

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
Like asking her out, but with no sexual tention... As a friend, just start up a conversation, talk about what you are thinking about doing some night, and ask if she would like to come with. Casually...

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Let me tell you from experience, abruptly asking a girl out does not work. You're going to have to get to know her better before you can take her out whether you like it or not.

Scrooge2

Jul 18, 2000
Let her pay for herself there, BTW. :D
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! That's great...absolutely great!
I'll do the coffee thing or something along those lines. Thanks folks.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000

<< Let me tell you from experience, abruptly asking a girl out does not work. You're going to have to get to know her better before you can take her out whether you like it or not. >>

But by the time you actually get to know her, she drops the 'IJWTBF' bomb on you. Like someone else said, a Catch-22.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

<<

<< Let me tell you from experience, abruptly asking a girl out does not work. You're going to have to get to know her better before you can take her out whether you like it or not. >>

But by the time you actually get to know her, she drops the 'IJWTBF' bomb on you. Like someone else said, a Catch-22.
>>

First time I've seen that acronym, but it's not hard to figure out what it means. ;)

Jan 9, 2002

<< But by the time you actually get to know her, she drops the 'IJWTBF' bomb on you. Like someone else said, a Catch-22. >>

True- go out casually for a couple times, THEN ask her out. Not that I have experience or anything unfortunately, but I can imagine this would be the best way.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

<< Let her pay for herself there, BTW. :D
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! That's great...absolutely great!
I'll do the coffee thing or something along those lines. Thanks folks.
>>

Its true mate. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE A TOOL!

Just ask her out to coffee. Get to know her a bit more. You might find shes really annoying or an amazing girl. Then when you get to know her better then ask her out.

The girls I know would just blankly say no to 99% of guys if they were just asked out. Bar that 1% on being there vision of the PERFECT guy. If you are her vision of a perfect guy then you are in no matter what!:D

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
ps forgot to add get some for the team!:D

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

<< It might be a little bit weird, perhaps you should try talking to her more first? Casual conversation in the halls? A study date? >>

A noble service the ATOT gals could provide is a dating FAQ. Of course that might take the sport out of watching some guys making idiots of themselves, but there are plenty of fools to go around. Heaven knows, I've been there. ;)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

<<

<< It might be a little bit weird, perhaps you should try talking to her more first? Casual conversation in the halls? A study date? >>

A noble service the ATOT gals could provide is a dating FAQ. Of course that might take the sport out of watching some guys making idiots of themselves, but there are plenty of fools to go around. Heaven knows, I've been there. ;)
>>

Now, what makes you suspect that our advice would be any good? :) All I have to offer is common sense from a girl's perspective and years of listening to my galpals, not much firsthand experience. But if you ask away, you're sure to get some female answers, probably some with more stuff to say than me.