About those jobs Trump is going to bring back from China...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
HR protects corp interests, from employees. This is obviously important, to the corp.

Of course it is, just like a bank of corporate lawyers.

Most of HR are plug in college cheerleader types in plug in slots in large corporations, that hang out with the corporate lawyers.

Gotta protect the people actually producing things from causing any outrage.

That is a lot truer in large corporations than many people would imagine.

Have been there, done that in a several myself.

One woman in a Kelly Anne type of slot can cause a lot of damage.

And I am not even a misogynst, I can still see things that are plain as day in front of my face.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Of course it is, just like a bank of corporate lawyers.

Most of HR are plug in college cheerleader types in plug in slots in large corporations, that hang out with the corporate lawyers.

Gotta protect the people actually producing things from causing any outrage.

That is a lot truer in large corporations than many people would imagine.

Have been there, done that in a several myself.

One woman in a Kelly Anne type of slot can cause a lot of damage.

And I am not even a misogynst, I can still see things that are plain as day in front of my face.

Those would be the recruiters. HR isn't really selling anything.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
College was actually afforable before all the government money that was put into the system.

Plus not everyone needs college. There is still a lot of demand for highly skilled workers. But i guess these people are worthless unless they spend $150,000 on a college education.

College was affordable before state funding was cut per your peers:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news...ruction-booms-not-largely-responsible-tuition

And yes, resumes without degrees go to the bottom of the pile.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Those would be the recruiters. HR isn't really selling anything.

HR recruits at a few places I have been in the past.

Met one at a job fair once and I ended up being employed there 9 years, was actually one of the better jobs I've had over time. It was not even for an opening they were looking to actively fill at the time, but she was aware of one that was going to vacated soon.

YMMV in all situations, that was a large place and ran into her a few time over the years.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Bernie Sanders is changing his tone relative to Trump (thrilled even) and even the AFL-CIO is suddenly finding common ground:

"Today's announcement that the US is withdrawing from TPP and seeking a reopening of NAFTA is an important first step toward a trade policy that works for working people," said AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka.

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
Bernie Sanders is changing his tone relative to Trump (thrilled even) and even the AFL-CIO is suddenly finding common ground:

"Today's announcement that the US is withdrawing from TPP and seeking a reopening of NAFTA is an important first step toward a trade policy that works for working people," said AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka.
That's good, glad to see Bernie growing up, and supporting the president.