About meeting a girl......... advice needed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Try the ever popular Mark Chumura pick up line.

"Hey, come here. I have something to show you."

He honestly said that to some 16 year old he tried to pick up...a witness testified to it in court today.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< be blunt with her....crap on all this foreplay stuff......say...&quot;do you wanna get freaky or not?&quot; >>

ROTFLMAO!

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Try the ever popular Mark Chumura pick up line.

I hope that guy seriously rotts in hell, or prison. Whichever's worse.

mpg

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
most hot chicks are dumbsh1ts, i dont even bother ...most of the time. Go for it dude most hot chicks are nice though, and will talk to you.

GiftedTalent

Banned
Jan 27, 2001

this hot chicks is not dumbsh1ts, she's an EE student in my school. And yes, EE has Hot chicks!

btw, i'm valhalla2000, forgot my password. :(:(

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< And yes, EE has Hot chicks! >>

No it doesn't. You must have been hallucinating.

SS304

Jan 30, 2001
Remember, it's NOT THE END OF THE WORLD if she refuses.

Maybe it could be better if you started a friendship with her and then let it improve bit by bit.. and then let the dating begin :D

xodarap

Jan 11, 2001
Take a large hard plank of wood and merciously pound it into your face over and over again...

No this will not help you get the girl even in any culture i know of but its the closest simulation to dating i can think of

gUEv

Oct 11, 2000
scrapster- i never lay off the herb and i get more ass then a toilet seat man =]

anyways...er..here is my suggestion.

In my obvervations, adventures andtravels. I find that each guy has to have his own approach. You cannot just take some cheesy pick up line or stunt off some web site or maxim (sigh..) and expect it to work. What is this apporach? Basically it is magnifying a part of you that you are proud of. Maybe its your b1tching biceps, maybe its your candlelit poetry readings. I can't tell you this, only you can figure that part out. What this apporach bs translates into is BEING YOURSELF. Even though you hear that sh1t from your grandma, thats the key. The approach is just a way of magnifying a good quality you think you posses.

Secondly, you need to get comfortable talking to women!!!! Perhaps you are too shy to approach this babe in class straight up, so what you should do is just strike up some friendly chit chat with girls that you are not interested in. This is a lot easier because since your not interested in them, you dont really care about rejection. After you actually *talk* to some women (yes, yes, some guys really do this). You will become more comfortable, appear more confident, which is a very attractive quality.

Now...i know you will just disregard all this advice I gave you and sit at home for the rest of your life wondering &quot;what if&quot;. But..just in case you actually approach her (which you wont, but feel free to prove me wrong)..do not go up with a serious, long term realitionship on your mind. Just make some nice, friendly conversation to pass the time. You are not trying to get into her pants (right now anyways ;)), you are not asking her to marry you, you are just making some light conversation. Let it go from there, you should be able to read how she responds to you from there.

So, let's recap

Be yourself
Talk to her

Now i hear you saying to yourself &quot;but it's not that simple!!! I'm shy!!!&quot;.
Yes, it is that simple godammit. I used to be a shy little sh|t like you and hated it, and at any given second you can change it for the better! Just do it man, or chalk up another regret and missed oppurtunity for happiness and fun.

but its up to you...

Cosmic_Horror

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
start of just saying hi, like if you pass her in the hall, smile and say hi.

after a couple of time of saying hi, try and start a conversation. Find out what she like and see if you have common interests.

Shalmanese

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
umm.. dont act generic, add a bit of quirkyness into your conversations so that she remembers you from the hundreds of computer geeks who she has met on the net :).

The hardest thing to do is to try to start talking to a total stranger so try to get it rolling when you are with a bunch of friends just talking in general. once she is aware of your existence it is a lot easier.

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001
if she's hot...

I usually just act crazy and stupid :)
I dunno how that works, but it works!!!

I use to try to be some mellow and sensitive to girls and they end up ditching me.
Now I just don't care and they end up sticking by my side all the time...

girls, can you answer this wierd dilemma?
seems the more I care, the less you care. and vice versa.

btw, PIGEONS suck!!!

anyway, as for you Valhalla...
don't use foul language and it'll be fine!

ZeroCool420

Banned
Jan 20, 2001
<< And yes, EE has Hot chicks! >>

ummm, maybe compared to the other EE gurls she is, but I doubt she's as hot as say your average Mass Communications or Nutritional Sciences chick.

Orbius

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
The key is you have to remain open despite the fact she could slap you around like a piece of veal. If you go to talk to her not open, you'll look retarded which is bad. Girls don't mind if you're kind of nervous as long as you're open right ladies? You gotto learn to take the good with the bad.

Champo41

May 11, 2000
Here's a way to get HER to chase after YOU...

When you see her, start with small talk. You already have a class together, so there's a good convo starter...unless it's a lecture class, where the convo would be boring like &quot;Uh...what do you think of the teacher?&quot; This small talk builds up, but here's the key...DO NOT GIVE IN. Talk to her as a friend and go in with the mindset of generally ignoring her. Why? She's hot. She can probably get any guy on campus and here you are ignoring her and saying only what's needed to be said. This'll create interest on her part and she'll (hopefully) want to see what you're about.

However, if you really want a relationship with her, this might work, although it's better in the party type atmosphere, instead just continue the small talk.

Another effective way (and this can work on any girl) go up, ask her name, and whisper something into her ear to compliment her and walk away. Don't look back, just keep walking. Do this over a period of time and she will definitely be curious of your actions and will want to find out more.

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
&quot;Some girls don't get come easily, they require a little work&quot;

HAHAHA :p

Personally, I'd stay away from this girl. Really good looking girls that are usually surrounded by friends and other guys are often sluts IMO. Don't care about you or any other people who aren't at least as smart and chic as they are. At least in school, and you're never gonna get close to them for real unless you're either very lucky or happen to be one of the 'smart' guys in the class.

gUEv

Oct 11, 2000
Really good looking girls that are usually surrounded by friends and other guys are often sluts IMO. Don't care about you or any other people who aren't at least as smart and chic as they are.

you dont have much experience with women...do you?
either that or you asked out a hot girl and got burned, and now it has warped your judgement.
saying really good looking girls are all sluts is like saying all people who drive blue cars are criminals. Maybe you should learn to think of people as indivduals, instead of lumping them together as horrible sterotypes?

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
For situations like this, I find the 'old fashioned' ways are best.

Things like snapping the bra strap, wet willies, singing the 'you've got cooties' song when she walks by.

You're sure to get the attention you DESERVE!