About Crucial PC133 RAM.....

AthlonDude

Sep 18, 2000
I'm building an T-bird 800 system on a KT7 non RAID board. I'm tight on money so I'm thinking of getting the Crucial PC133 128 MB CL3 RAM from Buy.com. I was wondering if anyone with this RAM has any problem using this on the KT7. Oh yeah, is it possible to clock this RAM at 2-2-2?

And last question...I was wondering if the retail HSF that came with the T-bird is adequate enough to O/C it to 900-950? I checked and the core is copper from Dresden...thanks a million guys.

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000
I just put together a KT7/800 T-Bird system. I purchased the 128MB PNY PC133 from Buy.com, and it has Infineon chips. I am running it at CAS2 Turbo 133MHz with no problems. The Sandra memory benchmark is 435/551, which impressed me. As for using the stock HSF, I tried it with the stock thermal pad, and it was too hot (55-60 cel) for my tastes. I removed the pad, and applied Arctic Silver. It did not make much difference. That was running the 800 at 800. I have an Alpha on the way, along with an FOP32 to try out before I seriously overclock it. And yes, the stock HSF is making good contact, and is installed properly in case anyone asks. So if you plan on overclocking yours or not, I suggest you get a quality HSF.

By the way, I tested mine with the case sides off with the AC on. Room temperature was at 74 deg.F I am not running that system anymore until I get the other HSF's in a day or two.

EDIT: I did not see any Crucial PC133 listed on Buy.com's site. I saw 128MB PC100 for $145.95. The 128MB PNY PC133 with Infineon chips would be much better for $157.95. Especially if you could snag a coupon or free shipping or something.