About 200,000 Ohio voters have records discrepancies

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
So 660,000 Ohioans are newly registered to vote this year.

Of those 200,000 or a third have some type if discrepancy.
Now many of those are most likely minor, but how many of those could be fake registrations? Or double registrations?

We have already heard the stories of guys registering 12 times 50 times etc.

The sad thing about all of this is that we won't get to the bottom until after the election. By then it will be too late.
link
Close to one in every three newly registered Ohio voters will end up on court-ordered lists being sent to county election boards because they have some discrepancy in their records, an elections spokesman said Wednesday

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner estimated that an initial review found that about 200,000 newly registered voters reported information that did not match motor-vehicle or Social Security records, Brunner spokesman Kevin Kidder said. Some discrepancies could be as simple as a misspelling, while others could be more significant.

The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati sided with the Ohio Republican Party on Tuesday and ordered Brunner to set up a system that provides those names to county elections boards. The GOP contends the information will help prevent fraud.

"Things already are in motion to comply," Kidder said. "We're working to establish these processes on how we can make this work. The computer work actually began last week."

About 666,000 Ohioans have registered to vote since January.

Brunner previously cross-checked new-voter registrations with databases run by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicle and the Social Security Administration and made the results available online, but the 6th Circuit said the information was not accessible in a way that would help county election boards ferret out mismatches.

Brunner, a Democrat, told The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer on Wednesday that she is concerned the court decision is a veiled attempt at disenfranchising voters. Brunner said she'll urge counties not to force these people to use provisional ballots.

The court gave Brunner until Friday to get election boards the information but it was unclear whether that deadline would be met. The court set no penalty for missing the deadline.

County election officials were trying to determine Wednesday how they will respond once they get the information.

"I'm very concerned with these new requirements as we get closer to Election Day," said Steve Harsman, director of the Montgomery County Board of Elections in Dayton. He said his staff already is working 16 hours a day, seven days a week.

"It's clearly going to have an impact in regard to resources we have to expend to resolve discrepancies," said Jeff Hastings, chairman of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in Cleveland.

"We've had about 100,000 (registrations) since January and of those about 34,000 since the primary. We will do whatever is required of us."

Also Wednesday, the Ohio Republican Party said it has filed public records requests with all 88 counties for copies of forms submitted by newly registered voters, especially those who registered and cast an absentee ballot on the same day during a one-week window earlier this month.

Brunner has said that 13,141 Ohioans registered and voted immediately during the window.

"We've seen reports of fraudulent registrations, and we want to see those forms first-hand," said Jason Mauk, the state GOP's executive director.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Well ACORN registered Tony Romo to vote 10000 times, and Diebold has rigged all Tony's votes to vote republican. Sounds like a wash to me.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
So this is the reds turn to complain about ballots eh? While I'm sure there will be voter fraud (almost impossible not to have any), I'm also sure the nitpicking of voter registration documents are at an all time high as well. What I mean by that is, tagging some with fraud because an "I" isn't dotted or a "T" isn't crossed.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
manufactured controversy.

voter registration fraud is different than voter fraud

and there will always be "record discrepencies"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
So this is the reds turn to complain about ballots eh? While I'm sure there will be voter fraud (almost impossible not to have any), I'm also sure the nitpicking of voter registration documents are at an all time high as well. What I mean by that is, tagging some with fraud because an "I" isn't dotted or a "T" isn't crossed.

Or because the registrant moved, and hasn't made a change of address at the DMV. Probably a lot of other reasons, as well.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeap Pro-Jo, I still think it's a minor issue for all the same reasons as before. Maybe you should go talk to the people who conducted the federal government's study on this subject just a few years back as they seem to think it's not a problem either.

I'm sure you will brush off the findings of the study commissioned by the Bush administration, because lets face it, it doesn't support the position you long ago decided to take. Maybe you should read this article though. Sure it's from a leftist website, but I just wanted to give you an idea of what it is that you are either knowingly or unknowingly participating in.

All objective evidence shows that this sort of fraud isn't a problem, but you march back in here day after day trying desperately to show that it is. I seriously hope someone is giving you these marching orders, because if you're doing this all on your own it's even more pathetic.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Poofjohn, you are giving the fable "The Princess And The pea" serious competition. OR IS THAT DESPERATE COMPETITION? LOL&ROTF!!:D:laugh:

midway

Oct 22, 2004
Because of the laws currently in place thanks to institutionalized Republican disenfranchisement efforts, I could be prevented from voting if my voter registration card said First M. Last but my drivers license just said First Last, or if my ss card said First Middle Last. That is what almost ALL of these are. It's a despicable attempt by Republicans to make sure as few people vote as possible. This is a recognized Republican strategy.

The Bush administration had the Justice Department searching for 5 years for voter fraud. You know how many fraudulent votes they found? 120. In 5 years. 24 votes per year, or slightly less than half a false vote per year per state.

Many of these are data entry errors on the part of the state.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Voter issues in Ohio?? STOP THE PRESSES!

Where was PJs outrage in 2000 and 2004?

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
yikes...the last thing we need is another candidate appointed President.

Hopefully Obama can win by more than 20 electoral votes.

:D

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
Yes this is our first fill blown third world election. Obama's Acorn needs to be broken up using RICO.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: jman19

I am certain that no sane republican thinks a poorly organized band of vote registration mercenaries is any kind of real threat - they are just scraping the bottom of the barrel for dirt to stick on the dems and excuses for when they lose.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Mani
Originally posted by: jman19

I am certain that no sane republican thinks a poorly organized band of vote registration mercenaries is any kind of real threat - they are just scraping the bottom of the barrel for dirt to stick on the dems and excuses for when they lose.
Anybody who's still a republican after watching Palin in her interviews/debate is by definition not sane.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
WOW

I wonder where Prof was when we were talking about all the shenanigans that happened here in ohio in 2004.

whylaff

Oct 31, 2007
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
So 660,000 Ohioans are newly registered to vote this year.
Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner estimated that an initial review found that about 200,000 newly registered voters reported information that did not match motor-vehicle or Social Security records, Brunner spokesman Kevin Kidder said. Some discrepancies could be as simple as a misspelling, while others could be more significant.

CLEARLY there is massive fraud going on and this is not a situation where information was entered by a citizen that does not match what is on file for him or her with another state or governmental agency.

Because, we all know that everyone updates their address with every agency, especially with the Ohio BMV in a timely manner. The law clearly dictates this responsibility. Those liberal elites may claim that the Ohio BMV abbreviates or alters information in their records so that they fit appropriately on the documents they produce to accommodate their fancy names. This is an attempt to circumvent the truth ? you should be entering your information as it appears on your ID.

Furthermore, it is imperative that this information be shared with local election officials. The Secretary of State who currently has the information and handles the absentee ballots must understand that the real issue is not those who would request and mail in more than one absentee ballot back to that agency, but the perpetrators of this new type of fraud intend to spend an entire day voting. Democrats continue to be associated with groups that encourage people to vote in a ritual like fashion. Clearly this group is no different and obviously represented by and composed of the same individuals. As I can recall from my experience in Columbus in 2004, the average wait time is only about 3 hours. There are almost 13 full hours of voting time available. Depending on who wins, the damage from all of these people to our election process will be incalculable.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It's because it's OHIO. My friend said they don't ask for ID there, and that she could illegally register under a fake name and vote if she wanted. She said they need to change the system asap.

whylaff

Oct 31, 2007
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
It's because it's OHIO. My friend said they don't ask for ID there, and that she could illegally register under a fake name and vote if she wanted. She said they need to change the system asap.

She is absolutely correct. They do not require ID and will accept ridiculous documents, like those listed on the Franklin County Board of Elections website:

Voters must bring identification to the polls in order to vote a regular ballot on Election Day. Acceptable forms of identification are:
A current and valid photo identification (such as Ohio driver license card, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and current address (except that Ohio driver license or State ID card does not need to show current address if the address in the poll book is current); or
A military identification that shows the voter?s name (does not need to show address); or
A copy of a current (within the last 12 months) utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document (including from a public college or university) that shows the voter?s name and current address.

L00PY

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: OrByte
manufactured controversy.

voter registration fraud is different than voter fraud

and there will always be "record discrepencies"
Yup.

So ACORN pays a bunch of people to collect registrations and ties their pay to the number of people they sign up. Is there any surprise these people making minimum wage tried to take the easy way out and get paid for it? Since Ohio law calls for all registration cards to be turned in regardless of whether there's any question of validity, you get fake names pulled in.

Donald Duck may have been registered to vote by these clowns 1,000 times, but it's unlikely he'll vote even once, much less 1,000 times.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: whylaff
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

She is absolutely correct. They do not require ID and will accept ridiculous documents, like those listed on the Franklin County Board of Elections website:

Voters must bring identification to the polls in order to vote a regular ballot on Election Day. Acceptable forms of identification are:
A current and valid photo identification (such as Ohio driver license card, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and current address (except that Ohio driver license or State ID card does not need to show current address if the address in the poll book is current); or
A military identification that shows the voter?s name (does not need to show address); or
A copy of a current (within the last 12 months) utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document (including from a public college or university) that shows the voter?s name and current address.
Yeah, just researched on Ohioelectioncentral.com:
"The Secretary of State has voter information available on the web here. Voting locations are open from 6:30am till 7:30pm, which can be researched here. Ohio voters are now required to show identification such as a driver's license or a recent utility bill."

I guess she's wrong, the SoS must have finally made it a requirement for this election. Congratulations Ohio! This makes the OP a non-issue now, those 200,000 people are going to have to show ID so who cares? If they're registering correctly and rejecting ones that don't check out with the DMV, then this is a non-issue.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, now Non Prof John will get his doggie bone, at the cost of slowing the voting process, each of those 200,000 names with discrepancies will be integrated at the polls, some may have to cast provisional ballots, but the integrity of the election is being protected in advance.

Now its time to ask non Prof John what more he wants?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Well, now Non Prof John will get his doggie bone, at the cost of slowing the voting process, each of those 200,000 names with discrepancies will be integrated at the polls, some may have to cast provisional ballots, but the integrity of the election is being protected in advance.

From what I can see, people want a fraud free election and with ACORN that becomes less likely due to the existing fraud they are committing.

I am all for whatever measures are needed to make sure people who are eligible and want to vote can vote, but only vote once.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If any conspiracy exists wrt the whole issue, it's a conspiracy to discredit ACORN and similar groups. A very few anti-registration activists can create dozens or even hundreds of fake registrations in a very short period of time.

Call the ACORN office, tell them you want to register... they'll tell you where their people are working. Go to each location, fake a form, wait for a shift change, fake more... Wait a few days, call again... wash, rinse, repeat.

Bingo! Create your own Outrage, at the other guys' expense.

Chances of being busted? Non-existent.

That's a helluva lot more believable scenario than any conspiracy theory about turning fake registrations into actual votes... easier, too...

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Lemon law

From what I can see, people want a fraud free election and with ACORN that becomes less likely due to the existing fraud they are committing.

I am all for whatever measures are needed to make sure people who are eligible and want to vote can vote, but only vote once.

Don't be a stupid twat, tell it like it is, you don't mind any result as long as McCain wins, by fraud or otherwise doesn't matter one bit.

There are too many twats on the net, don't be one of them, at least acknowledge your own stance, "if the opposition wins, it's fraud, if it's my guy, i don't care if it's fraud".

pathetic? Indeed.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Sure as soon as CAD or whoever explains how imaginary people are coming in droves to vote multiple with their imaginary registrations then perhaps I'll be a bit more onboard.

But when contrasted with REAL fraud in the form of caging, illegally purging voter roles, etc. that has been perpetrated by the Republican party over the past few elections - this is weak sauce and more feigned outrage.

Just another excuse to try and suppress the minority vote, hoorah.