abortion laws, my view

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
You know what SCREW this... if you haven't adopted a baby... I don't wanna hear shzt against abortion... Anyone who hasnt adopted.. is in no place to tell anyone what to do with their baby...

PERIOD!

you wanna help stop abortion... make adoption easier...

-Max

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
didnt you hear about the guy who broke that airport workers neck for messin with his wife?... you'd be surprised what you can get away with...

-Max

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Define "higher lifeform" first... Morality of killing itself isn't a black and white issue...

ask yourself the question.. is killing right or wrong? if you answer it's wrong.. . then I point you to the death penalty, or acts of self defense... all of which many would say that killing is not wrong... it's justified in those instances. So we have to answer this question :

Is killing a human that is not yet conscious wrong? Is it in fact the potential for life or the life itself we are protecting... if we are going to protect the potential for a life then we have to address birth control, and sterilization, and masterbation all at the same time... and come to some kind of a moral justification of why one is ok and another is not... if we are protecting the possesion of a life... then we have to determine when a human being is in possesion of a life... in otherwords... at what point would the human being want not to die... in this case.. killing a newborn isn't wrong because it is not yet in the possesion of a life..

Or perhaps killing isnt wrong if the victim is unaware of his/her death... or maybe killing a criminal the level of jeffrey daumer is wrong because we've killed the potential for his childrens lives, and his grand childrens lives... and the lives of the children of the people his children may have saved... etc etc etc... you get my point.. the moral grays in this issue are immense... and the real question is... is this a moral issue to be decided by majority rule... or one to be decided on an individual level...

Thats the question we seek to answer...

-Max