Abnormally Low CPUMark Scores

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
You've definitely got a problem. I just scored ~4,800 with a Skt. 939 4000 (single-core version) at stock speed, with only 1.5 GB of RAM. It sounds to me like you aren't giving your processor enough vcore. Either that, or you're running craptastic Vista.;)

996GT2

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2005
See the problem is...I'm running XP Pro SP2...far from the resource hog that is Vista Ultimate with Aero enabled...so I'm stumped right now...

I'll try giving it some more vCore (since its only got 1.344 right now)...but it did manage to pass Prime95 and do SuperPi 32M runs without problems

Strangely enough, this benchmark is the only one I've seen in which my CPU scores out of line...it still does ~30 second SPi 1M runs without issue...hmmm

*stumped*

EDIT: wow, guess it was the vCore...I bumped it up 0.05V and score suddenly went up to 5300...still, that leaves room for improvement, as I see that some people with 2.4 GHz CPUs are getting around that score

Now I don't understand how my machine made it thru overnight Prime95 and SuperPi 32M without crashing if it was low on vCore

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Well.. I don't know anything about that specific benchmark but it doesn't look to be telling anything.. other than confirming a specific CPU's performance under a specific frequency with others' that specific scores.. That seems to be just about it.

Why not try other benches? Starting with Super Pi (about 30 secs), cpu-z latency test (< 1 sec), MBench (< 5 secs), Everest, Sandra, 3DMarks, PCMarks, Cinebench, Sciencemark, CPU Rightmark, Passmark,.. arrrrrrrrrrrrgh..! There are so many!

Test to your heart's content