ABIT KT7 Raid - Problems with ME & RAID ?

NMTinHK

Oct 2, 2000
Ive had the ABIT KT7 with RAID working find under WIN98 (apart from a wee SB live tweak)
and decided to reinstall a fresh Windows ME OS, everything went wonderfully until i decided to install the RAID Driver that came with the motherboard.

I then got a woeful blue screen informing me of some system error on restart, immediatly after installation, going in via safe mode i diabled the RAID through the device manager and then the machine rebooted fine no problems.

It has been running with the device disabled since, no problem, and as i have no immediate
plans to play around with RAID its of low priority. But of course i would like to fix it at some point.

Being a complete virgin regards to RAID i have very little clue.
Any pointers ?

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
I don't see why you got the blue screens. I have run in ME many, many, many, many times with the RAID using the RAID drivers and have had no (RAID related) problems.

NMTinHK

Oct 2, 2000
I wish i knew also...

Um just to double check, this driver comes under which device ?

Its been installed under SCSI adaptors. Is this correct ?

Listed as HPT 370 UDMA/ATA100 Raid Controller.
Driver provider Highpoint
Driver Date 6/18/2000

Driver files c:\windows\system\iosubsys\hpt3xx.mpd
c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd (IOS.vxd)

File Version v1.0.062006.20.2000

Thats about all i know *blush*

Does this help at all ?

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
That's how it shows up for me. No problems. Strange.

You didn't install the 4 in 1 did you? You shouldn't have to for ME. I don't see where it would make a difference since it's just a PCI card in essence.

Hmmm..... :(

BigDave

Jul 26, 2000
Also make sure you're installing the correct HPT370 drivers. They have to be the same version as your bios. In ohter words don't install the 1.03 drivers unless you have the 1.03 bios as well...

lhampel

Aug 16, 2000
This is could be the cause of the problem...

&quot;Driver files c:\windows\system\iosubsys\hpt3xx.mpd
c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd (IOS.vxd)&quot;

In 98SE you will find the driver needed in either win_53.cab and win_54.cab, In ME it will be in win_20.cab
You'll have to extract the correct driver(IOS.vxd) to the System &amp; vmm32 directories.
Just use winzip &amp; extract IOS.vxd from the cab file &amp; reboot.

LMK what happens